• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders bash Kiffin (by mail)

Mr. Scot

I don't know the name of the little fantasy world that Al Davis lives in, but I bet its never boring there.

Raiders attack Kiffin in letter to Tennessee

From the story:

In the letter written by Raiders general counsel Jeff Birren, a copy of which was obtained by CBSSports.com, the NFL team suggests Kiffin undermined the Raiders after he was fired.

"It is ... quite possible that during the period of time for which Kiffin is seeking compensation from the Raiders he was also actively supplying information about the team to its opponents," Birren wrote.

The letter, which accused Kiffin of misleading the team during the hiring process and undermining owner Al Davis during Kiffin's 20 games as coach, noted "Mr. Kiffin's personal agenda in his apparently on-going efforts to damage the Raiders" and concluded ominously:

"It cannot be in the best interests of the University to continue to serve as (Kiffin's) ally in his personal, though misplaced, war to rewrite the past."

Kiffin isn't exactly Mr. Innocent, but if he really wanted to damage the Raiders, his best shot at doing so would be to lobby for increased intervention in daily affairs by Al Davis.

Not sure how the University of Tennessee plans to respond to this letter, but if it were me I'd probably send the Raiders a short note using some arrangement of the words "eat", "morons", "you" and "s--t".

I really hate Oakland and it's because of Al Davis. He should like sell that team for a penny to someone who actually cares about winning and not just speed.

I hate to say it but the only way Oakland will ever be anything respectable again is when Davis passes on....that organization will remain on 'pause' until then.

Archived