• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jersey Ordering Question

Edward Teach

I'm sure the NFLPA has something to do with it. Teams and players get percentages of jersey sales. Not sure why you can order a custom jersey with any name on it but can't order one that says Mills. Just tell them your name is Stan Mills and you want a jesrsey with your name on it. Or, actually go to the stadium store and order in person.

I think a lot of throwbacks (not sure about NFL ones) are somehow property of Mitchell & Ness, or they have the rights to them or something like that. I tried to get an Oakland A's Rickey Henderson and they said I couldn't at the MLB shop, and sure enough, Mitchell & Ness sells it.

"Names of players who retired from the Panthers may not be printed..."

That is strange seeing as I ordered an authentic customized Steve Beuerlein jersey from the Panthers shop in July. I know Beuerlein went to Denver for a few seasons after we released in 2000, but I always thought he signed a one day contract to retire a Panther.

Maybe this is only a disclaimer for the replicas? Or maybe I'm the only person who has ever ordered a Beuerlein authentic and it slipped pass the filters ;)

I had no problem ordering a custom Mills jersey back in the day... but I still want a Panthers Testeverde one, and that's impossible to find.

I know it has to do with the players getting a cut of jersey sales, but I'm more than happy to let Vinnie have his $$ for my being able to wear a jersey for a team he played on. It's not like I'm trying to get a Testeverde "Mighty Ducks" jersey.

Archived