• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mass Effect vs Fallout 3 vs The Witcher

CanadianCat

Fallout 3 followed by The Witcher, followed by Mass Effect.

Fallout 3 is an open world envirionment and has a ton of replay value. I spent easily 60 hours on one play through.

The Witcher is a great game but is linear. I'm a bigger fan of open ended games like Fallout 3 and GTA where you do what you want, when you want.

Mass Effect was a big disappointment to me. I was bored with it fairly quickly. It had so much potential and isn't nearly as good as it should have been.

Fallout 3 followed by The Witcher, followed by Mass Effect.

Fallout 3 is an open world envirionment and has a ton of replay value. I spent easily 60 hours on one play through.

The Witcher is a great game but is linear. I'm a bigger fan of open ended games like Fallout 3 and GTA where you do what you want, when you want.

Mass Effect was a big disappointment to me. I was bored with it fairly quickly. It had so much potential and isn't nearly as good as it should have been.

Agreed, I did like ME but it got boring doing the side quest. Main story line was great as well as the main planets. I hope they fix this mistake in the second one, which is supposed to come out this year.

As for the Topic at hand.

Fallout 3

Witcher = ME as far as me liking them.

For me it would have to go like this

1. Fallout 3 (Took me a while, I wanted to put this at the bottom because I played the first two Fallout games, and even though I knew Fallout 3 wouldn't stay true to the series I guess I was just depressed while playing it because I knew there would never be another true fallout game. But once I was able to appreciate it in its own right I loved it)

2. The Witcher (This game might legitimately challenge for #1 if it wasn't linear. They said it was open world when I was reading interviews on it. But then I play it and it's only half true. I have to give it to the designers for supporting the community. They released an enhanced version with improvements and better dialogue and adventure packs for free)

3. Mass Effect (Boring boring boring boring boring.)

wow i very surprised, i hear a lot of great things about ME....

although my all time favorite RPG is Deus Ex, so ME might suite me..

i was actually kinda surprised myself with the reaction, ME seems to be more love/Hate then anything else, and I would like to note the fact that everyone who has posted in here has either Loved Mass Effect or Hated it.

For me it would have to go like this

1. Fallout 3 (Took me a while, I wanted to put this at the bottom because I played the first two Fallout games, and even though I knew Fallout 3 wouldn't stay true to the series I guess I was just depressed while playing it because I knew there would never be another true fallout game. But once I was able to appreciate it in its own right I loved it)

2. The Witcher (This game might legitimately challenge for #1 if it wasn't linear. They said it was open world when I was reading interviews on it. But then I play it and it's only half true. I have to give it to the designers for supporting the community. They released an enhanced version with improvements and better dialogue and adventure packs for free)

3. Mass Effect (Boring boring boring boring boring.)

Ok did you play any of the main quest? in know some side quests are boring but the main quest has one of the best stories in all of Sci-fi.

i was actually kinda surprised myself with the reaction, ME seems to be more love/Hate then anything else, and I would like to note the fact that everyone who has posted in here has either Loved Mass Effect or Hated it.

I'm in the middle. I like it, but I've only ever bothered to play through it once.

Archived