• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cosell: Cats a mirage

Fireball77

The reality is the rest of the world (outside of Charlotte) sees it this way:The Panthers schedule has been less than impressive and whey they have played good teams they have laid eggs. For example, the Panthers have not beaten a team with a winning record on the road. As a matter of fact the 3 losses have been pretty much one sided.

In the 9 wins only 2 have been against teams with winning records and those winning records were also very unimpressive. The first one was against a Falcons team that has only beaten one team with a winning record (and that is the Panthers) second was against an Arizona team that has only beaten one team with a winning record and is very over rated. Less than impressive wins against the hapless Lions and Raiders don't help matters. I think a lot of people feel that even if the Panthers beat the Bucs they will most likely still finish with 5 and possibly 6 losses which would force them on the road against a decent team and they will be one and done. Not saying it will happen I am just saying that this is the perception with other fan bases.

Whats the point of commenting on the general mood of entire fanbases? The general public is almost always wrong anyways.

P.S. I know that my perception of the Saints is 30-7. Nuf said.

I'd love to get all in-depth on this article: Where he's right, where he's wrong, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't get past the realization that the identity of the author means that sometime in the past, a woman got busy with Howard Cosell :eek:

(that's a little too much for my brain to handle)

Did you even read the article?

If you had you wouldn't be digging some weak ass argument about schedule out of your ass and parading it around like some pearl of great wisdom.

Guess what...

With the exception of two games SF & Was for you and Ari & NYG for us we play the same schedule and looks like we got the tougher teams to me. So piss off back to whatever 9th ward sh*t hole you came from.

Wow! I must have struck a nerve and I can assure you that was not my intent. I was just trying to give some insight to a concern that has been expressed a lot on this board in regards to the Panthers not getting respect. People have said this over and over and I was just trying to state why this is. Let me point out a couple of things:

1) No where in my post did I mention anything about the Panthers schedule being easier than the Saints and why you would use this arguement to blast me is puzzling.

2) Another post mentioned that they don't like "undereducated otherteamers" talking Panther football. Again, you don't know me and have no idea what I do and do not know but trust me on this. My knowledge of the Panthers is very deep and the reality is I can probably tell you more about their team then the person that made that statement.

3) Several people blasted the Saints in this thread responding to my comments. Again, I did not compare the Saints schedule and the Panthers nor did I say that the Saints would have done well if they had the exact same schedule but I will say that if the Panthers had 15 players on injured reserve like the Saints (instead of the 3 that are on IR now) then I can assure you that their record would be worst than it is now and they would be lucky to have a 6-6 record with a chance for the playoffs still in tact. Saints are playing with a lot of heart right now and I am proud of that.

4) The 9th Ward sh*t hole comment is totally out of line but I know that it is not a true indication of the class that most Panther fans bring to the table.

Archived