• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need a DT? Some Suggestions

jramsey4

Chapman is a nice big body but isn't that position taken up by Ron Edwards when he returns? Worthy wouldn't be a bad get. Seem's to be using his hands better from what I read. Thompson doesn't put up big stats but seems to make an impact in the game. Kawann Short is a good DT too.

Chapman is a nice big body but isn't that position taken up by Ron Edwards when he returns? Worthy wouldn't be a bad get. Seem's to be using his hands better from what I read. Thompson doesn't put up big stats but seems to make an impact in the game. Kawann Short is a good DT too.

If he comes back and if he is as good as advertised. Besides that kind of thinking is what got us into this mess. I remember back before the 2010 draft how everyone thought we were set with Lenoard and Tyler. Neither are still on the team. Our Run D is so bad we need to invest in a NT in a hurry.

I like Chapman. Wouldn't spend a 1st on him, but if we can get him in the 2nd, that'd be great. Need a guy who can control his gap.

I believe he will be there. He is not one of those 330+ pounders that 3-4 teams are looking for so I could see him being there when we pick in the 2nd. Which is perfect as we could get Kalil in the 1st (if he is there) or address the CB position. If we could get Kalil then Chapman we would have both our lines set.

I seriously hope Worthy falls to us in the second. Marcus Forston is another guy who's stock might take a dip. Full of potential but hasn't lived up to it yet.

Yeah, surprised he hadn't be mentioned yet. He has lost some weight over the off season in hopes of becoming more agile. He considered coming out last year but decided to come back.

Don't think Worthy will be there in the second though.

I feel like there isn't a "dominate" DT prospect right now. I think that primarily has to to due with fact that these past 2 drafts have spoiled us with a clearly dominate DT. I'm just waiting to see who else pops up over the course of the season.

Guys like Suh only come around once in a blue moon. Fairley was all hype to me. Besides we don't really need that (sure would be nice however) we need a solid 2 gap DT that can take up multiple blockers and allow our LB to make plays. Those guys usually don't get drafted high as there not as sexy of picks (unless its a 3-4 NT).

Archived