• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

panthers D getting ready to run....a lot

rayzor

rem fox wanted him back...he took a demotion next year will say a lot if about these guys that went some were else.

i think there is a lot about this coaching thing we do not know because i dont think the way are QB was playing and are DEF was that the people coaching get promotions. unless the league knows fox is pulling the strings and holding them back.

no one wanted trgo back.

none of us..but fox offered him the job to stay here.

read my post from a few up.

i really don't believe that they wanted him back much. most of the staff was told they could go look for work elsewhere. they didn't so they were offered extensions but i really believe that those extensions were more the incentive for leaving. it wasn't the security or the package they wanted.

fox had been getting involved for the past couple years because trgo wasn't able to get a consistently good performance out of his D. it wasn't for lack of talent.

anyway...old argument. we have someone better as DC. new scheme.

until we see the defense running the same thing they did before meeks, i am going to believe that meeks is running the defense. things are going to be run differently. the defense is going to be different. the players know this and are expecting/preparing for it.

He just wanted to get back into college ball, so I think that one is a break even for him.

and is assistant head coach. He wants to be a head coach, he's been a college guy other than working for Fox. Assistant head coach under Nick Saban is a good way to get where he wants to go. Being a pro position coach isn't.

i'm not sure the extensions offered were all that appealing. it was a polite way of saying "we only want you around as much as we want polio"

a person making $100,000 a year finishes his contract with you and you tell them, "feel free to find another job." they don't get the hint and say, "no...that's alright. i'd like to stay." you tell them, "awesome. here's a new contract for $50,000. welcome back." they respond by saying, "you know...actually i have this old friend who just asked me to help him out with a new project he is undertaking. maybe i should do that."

they go to a place where they wanted and you get what you wanted all along...a clean slate and a chance to get someone who might not suck. you did all that without having to fire someone.

before anyone left the media said "some guys are getting one year extensions and that's it." Before anyone left it was known that some guys that weren't allowed to go look elsewhere last year were "encouraged" to look this year. Suddenly it happened and now all of a sudden it's "John Fox is such an awful coach because some coaches were allowed to leave".

Part of it's the economy, which like it or not is a big deal in the NFL. Or, rather, the CBA issue. If they have a lockout, they don't pay players. But coaches, staff, they still get paid. And with the CBA and the uncapped year, the NFL could become a radically different place. Assistant contract money went down for the first time since the whole "supervisor tag" role on assistant coaches came into play. It's not a Fox thing.

There aren't many places where Thomas Davis can go and not be identified as a Carolina Panther. With that recognizance can come admiration and awe...

"For the season to end that way, it definitely felt good to get away from it all and just relax and try to take your mind off it," Davis said.

On that archipelago, you might think that football is just an afterthought, conferring anonymity on an NFL standout who visits

As the holder of a degree in the mechanics and education of the english language, and a published author, I'd like to nominate this for best use of MS Word by a professional writer.

Archived