• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is 3 second rounders is a bad deal for JP

posthumecaver

I would be extremely pleased if that happened.

We wont be getting more then that for him, NE said that the most they would offer for him is the 34th pick. So us getting two second's with one being basically a first plus a fourth is about the best we will be getting from anyone.

There has to be a 1st in there somewhere, I don't care where it is even considering the draft this year. Just the principle of it if it's the Pats we trade him to because I just don't want the Pats to look like they got the better of us.

This might be the only draft where I'm actually happy we don't have a first rounder--and I'm glad others feel similar. If we end up with three 2's, i'd be happy, due to the fact that considering our main needs, DL and CB, this draft is awful. BPA ALL THE WAY, even if it's a WR or TE.

Two 2nd's this year and a 2nd next year would be just as good. Even if Peppers leaves, we would only need to replace one starter so why not save one of picks for next season when our list of needs at that time starts to take shape.

one?we need if peppers leave a new DE we need a new DT and a new CB to at least compete

I think there is nobody that Panthers can target at 20 range, the available DEs would be a reach at that point, we have load of LBs.... only logical choice would be CB but with Tempa 2 defense, I guess we can live witha CB from the middle of the second round....

We would save money and we would go after BPAs without reaching....

Or you think Panthers should play hard and try to get at least a 1st.....

OK - no one knows what'll be at 20. 20 is a better pick than 45, so people need to stop pretending otherwise. What two draft geeks think will be there at 20-25 now has no bearing on what the draft will do. Higher picks are always better.

Also, money doesn't matter. Dom Rodgers-Cromartie got 5 years, $15 million as the 16th pick. The 31st pick, Kenny Phillips, got 5 years, $11.5 million.

half of the first round's worth of difference between the two, value per year difference $700,000.

Are 3 2nds good? Of course. Value is value. But the idea of a second round pick versus a first round pick, on its own, is just bad rationalization.

I don't know, Jarrett and Kallil were decent picks, Richard Marshall also...

Godfrey was Ok also at the beginning of the 3 rd round....

If they go for BPA they are decent, if they draft for need, they suck....

good point.

Archived