• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats trade J Rich to Suns for Diaw & Raja!!!

King Taharqa

Too early to tell if it was a good trade but it has potential.

Just remember that we really didn't play any worse when J-Rich was out for a couple of weeks. Ammo and others stepped in.

Really? Seems like everyone was talking about the team turning the corner just a week and a half ago- the point at which JRich came back.

This opens up minutes for Carrol, who is actually a rather solid and resourceful player when he gets minutes. But giving up your best player, and your most versatile player for a group of role players is never a smart move.

I am not happy about this trade, JRich was a cornerstone to this franchise. He was the "goto scorer that we needed." Those were MJ's words...

I do not think the trading is over, I would not be surprised to see Felton and Morrison go either.

I just hope after all the dust settles, DJ is still with us. Out of all of the new guys, he has the most potential.

I am not happy about this trade, JRich was a cornerstone to this franchise. He was the "goto scorer that we needed." Those were MJ's words...

I do not think the trading is over, I would not be surprised to see Felton and Morrison go either.

I just hope after all the dust settles, DJ is still with us. Out of all of the new guys, he has the most potential.

He ain't going anywhere, Brown personally wanted DJ.

According to nba.com's video analyzing this trade, NBA reporter David Aldridge (sp), thinks G-Force will be the next to go with a chance Felton could be delt to. Just go to nba.com and the video is on the front page. Who could we possibly get to replace g-force, and has anyone thought of getting rid of carroll and his obnoxius (sp) contract?

One thing about this team and the way they've played so far, is I'm not very attached to players yet. J-Rich never really felt part of this team, IMO, I'm not surprised, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Wallace leave, nor would I care if we get something decent. We loaded up on some big contracts and it's not helping us, so things gotta change. Give Brown a chance.

I honestly think Okafor is the only safe one, him and Augustin.

Honestly this trade really had to happen. I really love J-Rich as a player but it was clear that what he brought to the table was never going to get us over the hump, and when you're at that point you have to make moves to try to get the team to where it needs to be.

While I like Bell, I don't know how much he has left in the tank at this point in his career, but hopefully he can be a good mentor and leader on the court ala Derek Anderson (but much more skilled). His defensive intensity will certainly be something others on the team can learn from.

Diaw is the interesting piece of the puzzle to me. I think he's a better player than some might give him credit for. If you look at the 05/06 season where Stoudemire was out, he really flourished and the team as a whole had one of their best years believe it or not. Ever since Amare has been back, he really hasn't had the same role and thus has floundered a bit, but I think with the focus and playing time he'll get here, he will be alot better off.

Singeltary is a bit of a wildcard. I've read some good things and he can provide further backup PG play for us as we still were a bit thin there.

Overall I think we had to make this move to get rid of the tremendous log jam at SF/SG for us. Carrol and Morrison can be great contributors if they get a good amount of burn but that wasn't happening due to our previous situation. I really believe they can fill in that scoring gap if given the opportunity, and I think Morrison will suprise some people if he starts getting serious time. The kid has a knack for the game and his increased aggressiveness toward the rim this year is something I'm really pleased with. Those little floaters toward the rim are money when he can get the first step.

Despite the roster shake-up that just happened, changes might not be over, according to Bobcats coach Larry Brown.

“We still have too many guys” who are wing shooters, Brown said before the game.

“Talking to Michael (managing partner Michael Jordan) when I took this job, I don't think he thought (the roster) was a perfect situation. I wouldn't be surprised if other things happen down the road. You're trying to get better, and sometimes that means you lose assets.”

charlotte.com

I'd be upset to see Wallace go, about as upset as I was when we let Kapono go. Felton though, I could take or leave. He's more of a 2 guard but doesn't have the size to play SG effectively. This is a trade both teams needed to make, but I don't necessarily think was great for either. Phoenix loses a lot of depth and their best chance to defend Kobe while we lose our best pure scorer.

If Felton does go though, it HAS to be for a starting Center. The Kings are supposedly shopping Brad Miller but he's nearing the end of his career, the Clippers are really deep at Center now and Kaman coming over would be awesome but they are doubting Camby's ability to stay healthy. We need someone high quality for Felton or Wallace if either go though.

Archived