• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats trade J Rich to Suns for Diaw & Raja!!!

King Taharqa

I'd be upset to see Wallace go, about as upset as I was when we let Kapono go. Felton though, I could take or leave. He's more of a 2 guard but doesn't have the size to play SG effectively. This is a trade both teams needed to make, but I don't necessarily think was great for either. Phoenix loses a lot of depth and their best chance to defend Kobe while we lose our best pure scorer.

If Felton does go though, it HAS to be for a starting Center. The Kings are supposedly shopping Brad Miller but he's nearing the end of his career, the Clippers are really deep at Center now and Kaman coming over would be awesome but they are doubting Camby's ability to stay healthy. We need someone high quality for Felton or Wallace if either go though.

I read the Clippers want to keep their 3 bigs, since they aren't sure of Camby's health.

Honestly this trade really had to happen. I really love J-Rich as a player but it was clear that what he brought to the table was never going to get us over the hump, and when you're at that point you have to make moves to try to get the team to where it needs to be.

While I like Bell, I don't know how much he has left in the tank at this point in his career, but hopefully he can be a good mentor and leader on the court ala Derek Anderson (but much more skilled). His defensive intensity will certainly be something others on the team can learn from.

Diaw is the interesting piece of the puzzle to me. I think he's a better player than some might give him credit for. If you look at the 05/06 season where Stoudemire was out, he really flourished and the team as a whole had one of their best years believe it or not. Ever since Amare has been back, he really hasn't had the same role and thus has floundered a bit, but I think with the focus and playing time he'll get here, he will be alot better off.

Singeltary is a bit of a wildcard. I've read some good things and he can provide further backup PG play for us as we still were a bit thin there.

Overall I think we had to make this move to get rid of the tremendous log jam at SF/SG for us. Carrol and Morrison can be great contributors if they get a good amount of burn but that wasn't happening due to our previous situation. I really believe they can fill in that scoring gap if given the opportunity, and I think Morrison will suprise some people if he starts getting serious time. The kid has a knack for the game and his increased aggressiveness toward the rim this year is something I'm really pleased with. Those little floaters toward the rim are money when he can get the first step.

Carrol and Morrison are the same player one needs too go.

Im not a basketball expert, but I think this trade is kind of a head scratcher. Trading our leading scorer for Boris Diaw and Rajah Bell? I don't really get it, how exactly do we get better from this other than clearing up some cap room? Not trying to be an asshole, just want someone to explain it to me that's more informed on the subject.

Im not a basketball expert, but I think this trade is kind of a head scratcher. Trading our leading scorer for Boris Diaw and Rajah Bell? I don't really get it, how exactly do we get better from this other than clearing up some cap room? Not trying to be an asshole, just want someone to explain it to me that's more informed on the subject.

Brown hates the team's makeup and thinks we have too many wing players/jump shooters and not enough d players and bigs. Carrol makes too much for his skill to get traded and ammo we aren't going to receive much in return for at this point unless he's packaged with someone else. so we traded one of the only 3 players brown wants to trade that have value to get his type of players. Defensive minded players and a big to go along with mek.

• 1 month later...

I was wrong. I admit it.

I was wrong about Coach Larry Brown. So far he's done a good job this year. He faced some early adversity in the preseason and early season and made moves to make us better. And even the players we've moved he's given nothing but praise too. Thats different from Coach Brown in the past. He's used the media to go at his guys and I think thats wrong. But I think the NY disaster changed Coach Brown and has made him a better coach and a better person. He's coached up some of our studs as well. I said hiring him might be the worst move the Bobcats ever made. And right now he's helped steer the ship in the right direction.

I was wrong about Jason Richardson. I thought he'd be an all-star in the east, but it looks like he's lost all of his confidence...or something.

He's not the fiery, full of heart competitor that I expected him to be. But I do wish the guy all the luck in the world in Phoenix. I hope he gets his shot straight and fixes whatever has him so unbalanced.

Archived