• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your feelings on a potential three way

Brokenbad

I can imagine the propagating wave of disinformation being spread via water cooler talk, email, small talk because people either don't read the link or skim past the important parts.

How long until threads about firing Hurney for not getting the trade done?

I will refrain from the overreactions on the board and try to make it plausible why it could happen. Jimmy is in his second year as a pro so he's 22 going on 23. He has his whole career ahead of him and if Denver thinks they can develop him into an effective starter the trade wouldn't be bad in Denver's eyes. In exchange, we would be getting a very good WR Lloyd but a WR who is 30 years old. Lloyd is also a free agent after the season according to another poster so they might want to get something for him because he does have value and they don't think he will resign in Denver after the season is done. It's one of those trades that I would be excited about and most on the board would be also but legitimately Denver could very well get more value out of the trade than we do because Clausen is young. If that is the case, I can see why we could get a draft pick also from Denver.

I will refrain from the overreactions on the board and try to make it plausible why it could happen. Jimmy is in his second year as a pro so he's 22 going on 23. He has his whole career ahead of him and if Denver thinks they can develop him into an effective starter the trade wouldn't be bad in Denver's eyes. In exchange, we would be getting a very good WR Lloyd but a WR who is 30 years old. Lloyd is also a free agent after the season according to another poster so they might want to get something for him because he does have value and they don't think he will resign in Denver after the season is done. It's one of those trades that I would be excited about and most on the board would be also but legitimately Denver could very well get more value out of the trade than we do because Clausen is young. If that is the case, I can see why we could get a draft pick also from Denver.

Sorry, but I disagree. Yeah, Clausen might still have potential but this trade is horrible for Denver. Also, why would 0-5 Miami trade for Orton now when they have absolutely no playoff chance (4 games behind), and Orton likely wouldn't be around into next year, because his contract is up and who knows what a new coaching staff would want. Especially since the Dolphins wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for Orton earlier...so, trading Orton and Lloyd for a 4th rounder and Jimmy Clausen is what the Broncos would be looking at.

Their QB depth chart would be: The Golden Calf of Bristol, Quinn, Clausen (yes, Jimmy would be 3rd). And in the process they give up their best WR. Who are these bum QBs suppose to throw to? Without a decent target to throw to, how would they "develop" Jimmy or The Golden Calf of Bristol? It makes zero sense and NFL.com should be embarrassed to even pretend this trade could happen.

I could see that IF it was anyone other than John Fox coaching the Broncos. If Foxy has any say so in the matter Jimmy will never be a bronco.

David Glenn and other NC media guys are starting to talk about this. Sounds serious. I would nut my pants for Lloyd for Pickles.

i didnt think fox likes him that much, i dont take this idea serious. do those guys think the gm's from those teams read that and say "oh that sounds like a great idea?" i dont think they would have gotten this far in life if that was the case

Archived