• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Replacing talent with talent

Eazy-E

You make it sound like when a player goes down there is a pool where you can get quality starters for free.

Exactly! We have six draft picks this year and almost zero players to package in trade that aren't key guys for us. Exactly how do people want us to acquire a dominant DT, OLB who's great in coverage like Davis and a #2 CB.....

Never said we should trade for Branch kthx

My point is there's a reason they went out and got the guy they did. Who in the league that we could get for a sixth or seventh would be worth a damn? Answer, not that many guys....

You make it sound like when a player goes down there is a pool where you can get quality starters for free.

Not exactly but better players than guys like Frank Kearse, Jermale Hines, and Jason Phillips. I just mean serviceable backups like Dan Connor.

other teams work within the same system of drafting, free agency, cap space ect that we do yet how many teams are picking up multiple cuts/waiver wire guys to fill in as starters right before the season begins. good teams build depth and make aggressive moves to fill gaping holes. i think this is 6 years now we will head into the offseason with DT and WR being a need

Not exactly but better players than guys like Frank Kearse, Jermale Hines, and Jason Phillips. I just mean serviceable backups like Dan Connor.

O.K., so who would you go out and get then to solve the DT and LB problem....and hell while we're at it #2 CB because that still isn't addressed....

But I'm sure Pat Williams and Tatupu can help this D out alot more. Pat starting and Tatupu at MLB postion and Conner at TD spot. This would help out big time.

No it wouldn't, Connor is too slow to play OLB and he's terrible in coverage....

My point is there's a reason they went out and got the guy they did. Who in the league that we could get for a sixth or seventh would be worth a damn? Answer' date=' not that many guys....[/quote']

so there's not that many guys out there we could get that would help us and fit our system?

great, get one of them then

O.K.' date=' so who would you go out and get then to solve the DT and LB problem....and hell while we're at it #2 CB because that still isn't addressed....[/quote']

Guys like Tatupu, Gerald Hayes, Tommie Harris, Marcus Stroud, Pat Williams, etc.

Tommie Harris and Gerald Hayes are both now on a Team because someone went down and they needed to fill a hole. Something we are not doing.

so there's not that many guys out there we could get that would help us and fit our system?

great, get one of them then

I'm not sure there's someone you could get at WR that would be an upgrade over LaFell who honestly should be opposite Smitty now....

Archived