• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Atlanta Won

chknwing

I loved Cam "I've won 1 game" Newton's Primetime tribute. Your QB is an arrogant punk. He's all about himself. Classless, childlike, and egotistical. Enjoy losing with that jerk Panthers Nation.

Amazing how some folks always turn everything this kid does into something "arrogant." I guess they must be speaking from experience.

I guess some of feel that there are folks in this society who should be still told not only what to do but how to behave..hmmmm...interesting

Lol. Yeah folks. The 4th quarter pick when were are tied 17 all has nothing to do with it. It was the defense that couldn't keep us tied ....That's what caused us not to win..because our D...couldn't get us a tie.

More excuses....

I agree it wasn't all on the D, but that 4th quarter pick was at 24-17.

Hidden

I agree with Zod in that our LB's failed to play like they should, then again I'm not sure we have any LB's on the roster anymore. This was a position of weakness going into week 3 and we have never addressed it. Sean McDermott was already running a 3 safety look to make up for the holes and that was before the sideline of Gaither that pretty much sealed the deal on this game.

We had only 4 LB's on the roster for the game.

It's not about talent (of which we have none) but there was no body to "sub in" when they were gased, much less dinged up. This loss I hang on Marty Hurneys head, because he should have been out there getting the bodies needed to just be able to play the defense that Sean has been trying to install.

LBs are the weak link on defense. that doesn't mean everyone played great, btw. just that LBs were the worst on D yesterday.

of course what do you expect when 2 of your starters go down in the first two games and then your FO thinks that you can do just fine with the guys you have. ugh.

oh...turnovers and penalties were the other 2 things. not sure what could have been done to stop that tipped pass that was intercepted in the end zone. that was just a good break for the ATL D. that INT made by that fat guy....just newton feeling the pressure.

the penalties have to stop, though. it's really embarrassing and it's showing a lack of discipline. they'll get better with age, i'm sure but right now it's just flat out pathetic and they need to get better now.

we need more leadership on defense, btw. being without davis and beason really hurts. not because of us missing their talent, but because of their leadership. these guys are playing really loose and scrappy. they need someone to step up and get them to tighten up. they need beason.

Archived