• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Way Things are Looking...

Catalyst

I'm basically of the same mind as you. I think of CB as a similar situation as WR. Sure, it's not as pressing of a need right now but if the talent and value is there, it's best to plan for the near future. Would be nice to get a replacement for Smitty or Gamble while they still have a few years left in the tank than try to patch it last minute the draft after they retire.

I suppose nailing down the defensive scheme for our future would be good to know. If a 3-4 is coming, then ILB is important along with someone like Poe at DT.

Until we know that, it is hard to say. Also, Beason could kick out to OLB if the best value is a stud ILB

If there were defensive playmakers at the level that Blackmon & Floyd are on the offensive side of things, I wouldn't be so undecided on where to go.

One guy I do like on defense is Luke Kuechly (LB). He's not a highlight reel type hitter but his positioning and awareness to misdirection plays is very legit

and for CBs: I would consider trading down in the first to get a Hosley (VT) if all the top receivers are gone by our pick. That kid is unreal

I'm beginning to like the idea of taking Claiborne in the 1st if he's there. Even if CB isn't looking like a need this season, it could turn out to be. Both Butler & Munnerlyn are FA's after next year, IIRC, based on their rookie deals, and I don't know that either one is as good as Claiborne has the potential to be.

Archived