• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Kampman for Peppers?

i think kampman and a 2nd would be fine.

problem i have, though, is would peppers want to go there?

do they have a better chance to get a lombardi than we do?

could he work with trgo again if he was going to be a DE?

his position coach would be kevin greene....is that a recipe for disaster?

too many questions that would make this unlikely to happen.

I'd be all over this trade. Kampman, a second, and maybe 10 million dollars in extra cap space for some primo free agents. Oh yeah.

Kampman and a pick for Peppers would be outstanding. But I would be inclined to deal Peppers straight up for Kampman. That way we would have a quality DE and Peppers cap hit off the books. We can then proceed to make a few mid tier FA signings and take the BPA approach for draft time.

I would as well. Solid DE to replace Peppers along with $10M in Cap Space. Definitely a winning scenario.

If the Panthers end up trading Peppers and considering that the pool of DEs in this year's draft is very thin, what if the Panthers look at trading for Aaron Kampman. Kampman doesn't seem to be happy with the switch to a 3-4 defense and also doesn't seem to fit in to the system either. Not sure what the Panthers would have to give up to get him though.

What about this...Lets say Peppers is trading to the Pats for 2 2nd round picks. Would you trade one of those for Kampman is available and the Packers would take that offer?

What about this...Lets say Peppers is trading to the Pats for 2 2nd round picks. Would you trade one of those for Kampman is available and the Packers would take that offer?

Let's say we don't take the two seconds. I think it's been spoken that the team isn't taking anything less then a first plus. So lets say we trade with the Pats for a first 2nd and a 4th. Would I trade that 2nd for Kampman, heck yes I would.

Let's say we don't take the two seconds. I think it's been spoken that the team isn't taking anything less then a first plus. So lets say we trade with the Pats for a first 2nd and a 4th. Would I trade that 2nd for Kampman, heck yes I would.

I feel that trading for Kampman if the Panthers trade Peppers is a good idea. Doubt it would happen but to me it makes sense especially considering who is available in the draft.

• 2 months later...

I know the Peppers trade scenarios are getting stale, but I think this is realistic:

Aaron Kampman + a 2nd or 2 3rds = Julius Peppers a Packer

Trgovac is coaching over there now, so he'll put in a good word, and their switching to a 3-4, Dom Capers is DC and he'll be coached by Kevin Greene, lol. It'll be like he never left!

But seriously, Kampman doesn't have the upside of Peppers, but he is consistently in the top 5 at defensive end and is great at both rushing the passer and run defense, PLUS he doesn't take plays off (poke) :eek:

just my 2 cents

eaisilly the dumbist thing ive read in weeks if you think you can get aaron kampman plus picks for peppers? really and you want to talk about upside? peppers is not going up in anything production has been laughible at best compared to kampman the only way that trade goes down is peppers plus a 2nd and 3rd

eaisilly the dumbist thing ive read in weeks if you think you can get aaron kampman plus picks for peppers? really and you want to talk about upside? peppers is not going up in anything production has been laughible at best compared to kampman the only way that trade goes down is peppers plus a 2nd and 3rd
easily the dumbest bump i have seen in weeks. didn't you see that this thread died two months ago?

bye bye.

Archived