• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Find the positive - Charlotte Fans

redbuddha

Dude, I don't know where you've been, how long you've been a Panther fan, or if you even are a Panther fan. But let me give you a few quick reasons as to why this fanbase is extremely impatient and extremely restless:

1. This team has never had back-to-back winning seasons in its fuging 17 year history

2. This team has RARELY EVER had a sense of consistency year-to-year on either side of the ball

3. This team has been mis-managed and mis-coached many times over the last decade. Am I saying that they've gotten everything wrong? No. Am I saying there hasn't been success? No.

4. This team has NEVER had a home grown, charismatic superstar. Hell, this CITY has never had one in any sport. We finally have one and if you think that this board isn't full of hope, you're illiterate. It is.

The bottom line here is that the Panthers as a team have been average at best since their inception. Have we been bottom dwellers? Yes. Have we had our taste at the very top? Yes. That's why losing is so hard for this fanbase. We have been in the middle for 17 years and we just want to win baby!

We all know how good this team is, has been, could be, and could've been. Now we want consistency and the way this team has been losing has been by taking a .45 cal and shooting ourselves straight in the foot.

EDIT: And one more quick thing, we have learned as fans to expect the absolute worst at all times. Case and point: We go 12-4 and get a first round bye and what happens? Jake Delhomme has one of the worst playoff performances of any player in the history of football. We come off a Super Bowl appearance in 2004 with a hungry team and what happens? Our entire offense gets injured against the Packers on MNF.

I would love to see the reaction if you posted this on an Eagles board.

One of the reasons I would never want to be an Eagles fan is the idea that you're not a "real fan" in Philly unless you're an insufferable jackass. We all get disappointed when the Panthers lose but if the team brings you more misery than happiness week after week, year after year, why spend time following them? Unless you're just looking for a reason to complain about something.

One of the reasons I would never want to be an Eagles fan is the idea that you're not a "real fan" in Philly unless you're an insufferable jackass. We all get disappointed when the Panthers lose but if the team brings you more misery than happiness week after week, year after year, why spend time following them? Unless you're just looking for a reason to complain about something.

Exactly!:cam:

Here is the thing about Philly fans. They show up and fill that stadium win or lose rain or shine. When they win they are elated and when they lose they are angry.

We can only hope to have such a fanbase one day.

I just want to reiterate. I never said all of you are bitches, just some of you! Many of "The Nancies" were called out by other posters. I did not name names! As someone said there are a few posters on this board that seem to make it their job to find the negative.:beatdeadhorse5: I suggest there are depression pills for that.

If you don't like your team so much that you constantly berate :beatdeadhorse5: them; find a new team so you can get to your happy place.

I was not a Panthers fan before because I did not like the John Fox style of Football, so I didn't watch the Panthers, or read articles about your team. Thus I was not a member of the Huddle. I stayed off your board because I had nothing positive to say.

I don't like the Charlotte Bobcats, so I am not on their board. I'm just saying it's a choice man, but if you don't like it "The Team," leave it alone.

This team may not win another game this year, but I know this team will be better next year. In the meantime I still try to find a way to believe they will win the next one.

I am not the enemy. I am just the messenger!:D

I just want to reiterate. I never said all of you are bitches, just some of you! Many of "The Nancies" were called out by other posters. I did not name names! As someone said there are a few posters on this board that seem to make it their job to find the negative.:beatdeadhorse5: I suggest there are depression pills for that.

If you don't like your team so much that you constantly berate :beatdeadhorse5: them; find a new team so you can get to your happy place.

I was not a Panthers fan before because I did not like the John Fox style of Football, so I didn't watch the Panthers, or read articles about your team. Thus I was not a member of the Huddle. I stayed off your board because I had nothing positive to say.

I don't like the Charlotte Bobcats, so I am not on their board. I'm just saying it's a choice man, but if you don't like it "The Team," leave it alone.

This team may not win another game this year, but I know this team will be better next year. In the meantime I still try to find a way to believe they will win the next one.

I am not the enemy. I am just the messenger!:D

you said...

in post after post, I read about how he isn't as good as Dalton
that would indicate the majority of what you've read.

that just isn't the case if you are at all paying attention.

Here is the thing about Philly fans. They show up and fill that stadium win or lose rain or shine. When they win they are elated and when they lose they are angry.

We can only hope to have such a fanbase one day.

Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree, I hope we never have a fanbase like that. Yes, they show up and they're passionate, but being a sports fan in Philadelphia is a negative experience more often than not. I'm not saying you should never be upset about the way your team is playing, but if being pissed off and screaming for the coach to get fired and the players to get cut defines your sports experience, and your city's sports experience, it's time to evaluate things, in my opinion. I'll take the wine and cheesers over that. Better yet, I'll take a fanbase like Green Bay or Buffalo; passionate, but doesn't feed off negativity.

You need to read what I quoted again. That's now what was stated, go back and read the thread. I asked GRG who he would rather have as a QB, Cam or Dalton, in an outright question. The answer he gave was Dalton.

It helps when you actually read the information provided rather than just being wrong because you're lazy.

You deliberately took a discussion that was nowhere near what you wanted it to be, asked dumb questions, and when pressed to give an answer, you claimed victory.

You wanted to play hypothetical situations without any reality thrown in.

Hypothetically, would you rather have Dalton or Cam but ignore than Dalton went in the second and you could spend your first on something else.

That doesn't work. And when it didn't' work you freaked out and twisted the argument to try and say we both though Cam sucked and Dalton was god.

Dalton is winning games. You don't know what he's capable of because all he's asked to do is win, win ugly, win conservatively, it doesn't matter. Cam is in a position to put up huge numbers because he throws 40 times a game and has better play makers at each position and a better OC.

It's a dumb comparison to make because they are in complete opposite situations. You can play the hypothetical but going on what we know, Dalton is 4-2, Cam is 2-5. You can play whatever "what ifs" you want but an argument can be made for Dalton, unless you are a blind homer.

You deliberately took a discussion that was nowhere near what you wanted it to be, asked dumb questions, and when pressed to give an answer, you claimed victory.

You wanted to play hypothetical situations without any reality thrown in.

Hypothetically, would you rather have Dalton or Cam but ignore than Dalton went in the second and you could spend your first on something else.

That doesn't work. And when it didn't' work you freaked out and twisted the argument to try and say we both though Cam sucked and Dalton was god.

Dalton is winning games. You don't know what he's capable of because all he's asked to do is win, win ugly, win conservatively, it doesn't matter. Cam is in a position to put up huge numbers because he throws 40 times a game and has better play makers at each position and a better OC.

It's a dumb comparison to make because they are in complete opposite situations. You can play the hypothetical but going on what we know, Dalton is 4-2, Cam is 2-5. You can play whatever "what ifs" you want but an argument can be made for Dalton, unless you are a blind homer.

I'm not the one twisting things. I've also stated many times that I thought Dalton was very good, and could very possibly win ROTY. The question was asked about which QB you would rather have, disregarding draft position and all that crap. ONE PLAYER FOR ONE PLAYER WHO WOULD YOU HAVE-? It was a simple question and you tried to turn in into something it wasn't to try and make your position justified.

When he finally answered that one simple question he said Dalton. That's it, that's all there is to it. You can try and twist it all you want but it just continues to confirm why every thinks the way they do about you.

Archived