• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk about turnovers

Snake

Who's blaming? We are only discussing how turnovers effect the game and how we need to find a way to make more. So if you dont like that GTFO, No one made you open this thread.

Now back on topic. I think some of the reason we have had trouble with turnovers is because our defense has been blitzing and its now being picked up. Sunday the Vikings O-line was knocking our guys back and even making Johnson look avg. When we blitzed they picked it up and Ponder got it to the TE. Whatever the reason pressure was not working and he still had time to make good throws.

Seems to me you are discussing "take-ways" only and the title is called turn-overs. Just saying.

At least get the title right if you don't want people to misunderstand and think you actually want to discuss how turnovers are having an effect on the game.

I thought maybe we were actually ready for this topic now. I see now you guys made a mistake in the thread title.

Seems to me you are discussing "take-ways" only and the title is called turn-overs. Just saying.

At least get the title right if you don't want people to misunderstand and think you actually want to discuss how turnovers are having an effect on the game.

I thought maybe we were actually ready for this topic now. I see now you guys made a mistake in the thread title.

Your the stupid one for not understanding. People wanted to talk about defense so we did. I did not post anything about the defense just turnovers so maybe you should work on your comprehension. Just saying...

Or just do us all a favor and click this link www.howtokillyourself.com

We are not playing vanilla we are playing reasonable justifiable schemes on defense. The problem is that our linebackers and the strong safety are the issue plain and simple. Look at what teams are doing to us. The folks who are killing us are tight ends and running backs in the seams and over the middle. Who is supposed to defend those areas? LBs and the strong safety. People are making poor drops, not attacking people who drift into their zones and on drag plays across the middle are getting beat in coverage. All out blitzing doesn't make that better it actually exposes you more. Until we have fundamentally good coverage by Godfrey and the linebackers we are going to continue to get abused. So we counter with rushing 3 and defending 8. Problem is that the QB can find the soft spots because everyone is standing around and no one is covering the potential receiver. Look at the touchdown to Peterson yesterday, a simple dump off pass that goes for a TD. Who had him in coverage? Apparently no one. Ridiculous.

We are not playing vanilla we are playing reasonable justifiable schemes on defense. The problem is that our linebackers and the strong safety are the issue plain and simple. Look at what teams are doing to us. The folks who are killing us are tight ends and running backs in the seams and over the middle. Who is supposed to defend those areas? LBs and the strong safety. People are making poor drops, not attacking people who drift into their zones and on drag plays across the middle are getting beat in coverage. All out blitzing doesn't make that better it actually exposes you more. Until we have fundamentally good coverage by Godfrey and the linebackers we are going to continue to get abused. So we counter with rushing 3 and defending 8. Problem is that the QB can find the soft spots because everyone is standing around and no one is covering the potential receiver. Look at the touchdown to Peterson yesterday, a simple dump off pass that goes for a TD. Who had him in coverage? Apparently no one. Ridiculous.

Very good point, Godfrey has been exposed on a few plays but TBH I think its mostly our LBs. Anderson is prob our best cover LB and I have seen him trailing a few times. I think when we played man the Vikings exploited that also cause I saw there WR on Anderson one play.

Your the stupid one for not understanding. People wanted to talk about defense so we did. I did not post anything about the defense just turnovers so maybe you should work on your comprehension. Just saying...

Or just do us all a favor and click this link www.howtokillyourself.com

I know but you said you were talking about turnover's affect on the game, and what you are talking about our only our defensive "take-ways" and calling them turn-overs which, when discussed it makes sense to mention turnover margin and and offensive giveaways.

But anyway. Carry on.

Our offense is only turning the ball over an average of 1.5 times a game, while we're only generating barely over 1 turnover per game. Cam himself is in the bottom half of the league as far as "interceptions per game" goes, but a lot of these statistics are largely meaningless.

Still, our defense must be better...

Our offense is only turning the ball over an average of 1.5 times a game, while we're only generating barely over 1 turnover per game. Cam himself is in the bottom half of the league as far as "interceptions per game" goes, but a lot of these statistics are largely meaningless.

Still, our defense must be better...

Good stats there. If our defense could just get one more takeaway a game it would mean a win. Just goes to show we are on the cusp of being a good team.

Archived