• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 74: Lakers vs. Bobcats

King Taharqa

GO BOBCATS!!

if only we had this team all year...thank god emeka and gerald signed with us long term...the future is bright, and the playoffs are in reach

Brings up a good point. I hope players and management work together to get the same squad to start next season. Stupid not to.

Although it is not set in stone, it is shaping up that if we make the playoffs we get the 15th pick, if we miss it, the 13th pick (unless we hit the 1.5% chance of getting a top 3).

I'll take the playoffs any day.

Someone correct me if I am wrong....if we make the playoffs, we lose our pick via a past trade.

Someone correct me if I am wrong....if we make the playoffs, we lose our pick via a past trade.

Not sure, that pick is protected but the level of protection in the 2009 draft is only known by the NBA, Denver and the Bobcats. I have heard it is only lottery protected, or 17th and higher protected or 20th and higher protected.

In 2010 it is 12th or higher protected.

Denver will get Charlotte's first-round pick next season if the Bobcats make the playoffs. If they don't, Charlotte keeps it. The pick would then be protected by a sliding scale, where Charlotte would retain it if it's in the top 12 in 2010, top 10 in 2011, top eight in 2012 and top three in 2013. Charlotte would have no protection for the pick in 2014.

Denver will get Charlotte's first-round pick next season if the Bobcats make the playoffs. If they don't, Charlotte keeps it. The pick would then be protected by a sliding scale, where Charlotte would retain it if it's in the top 12 in 2010, top 10 in 2011, top eight in 2012 and top three in 2013. Charlotte would have no protection for the pick in 2014.

so lets give them the latest draft pick possible, right?

or should we want to hang onto this years pick to package in a deal so we can free up some space for Felton?

Archived