• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: LaFell to move to #2 WR spot vs. Colts

holycrikey

I'm pretty sure Cam knows the system by now, plus he has DA who also knows the EXACT playbook. What Naanee ran in SD was similar to what we run here but it's not EXACT.

DA isn't in the huddle, he also doesn't play receiver. I was talking about on the field influence. What I said has been stated by the coaching staff on more than one occasion. It doesn't matter though, LaFell is getting his shot

I'm pretty sure Cam knows the system by now, plus he has DA who also knows the EXACT playbook. What Naanee ran in SD was similar to what we run here but it's not EXACT.

so DA know the exact playbook, but naanee doesn't. Do you ever listen to yourself?

The playbook is far from exactly what DA ran many years ago.

Do we run enough to the outside for a wr's blocking abilities to be the the most important factor in deciding who starts? I understood the importance under Fox, but now (while it is a factor) it shouldn't be as important as a receiver's ability to make plays in the passing game.

thats what i was trying to stress before the olsen fan boy decided to intervene and act like he knows anything

i fuggin hate mr know-it-alls

he likes naanee for his blocking, so i dont understand why keeps him out there more for his blocking skills

Am I getting trolled?

Okay, can we agree that LaFell is the better pure receiver? He is also a very good deep threat, but not elite speed. Nanee does have experience with the system & Rivera has referenced that, which leads many of us to believe that was a primary factor for him starting over LaFell. We have to also remember that Nanee is Rivera's guy & LaFell is not; that shouldn't matter, but it does to many coaches. LaFell is no slouch in the blocking game, since that's a big reason Fox/Hurney went with him over other faster more pure receiving guys in the draft (I don't have a reference for that, but that was a noted strength of LaFell coming out & Foxy used WRs to block more than receive.

I think Rivera has made a mistake by keeping Nanee in for so long, but it was smart at the beginning of the season (assuming LaFell could not pick up the blocking schemes & routes early on).

Just FYI, per football outsiders, the 'Catch Rates' of our top 3 WRs go as follows:

1) 68% success: B. LaFell

2) 62% success: S. Smith

3) 56% success: L. Nanee

LaFell should at a minimum get the shot to replace Nanee; I guess getting your chance due to injury is still a chance tho!

Am I getting trolled?

Seems like it. :toetap05:

I have no dog in that fight, but it's too bad, b/c this is a fun discussion. The personal attacks seem childish, no matter who does them & is better suited for the Aints fans or some other losers. :smilewinkgrin:

Well I don't think we can find one person here that would advocate naanee ahead of lafell. They would have to be literally brain dead.

It's funny though how highly touted gettis is like he's hall of fame worthy and he's already our #2 wr from the IR list. I believe lafell could end up the better of the two and I hope he lights it up.

I do wonder if some of you actually watch the games or only get your info from the internet. Naanee is consistently the best inside blocker on the WR corps. In fact, he is almost exclusively the only WR asked to block on the inside like a TE normally does. I wish Lafell would have been starting over him since day 1 since this was obviously a lost year. But Lafell hasn't even been asked to block as a WR on a consistent basis so some quote from John Fox 2 years ago means absolute crap.

I do wonder if some of you actually watch the games or only get your info from the internet. Naanee is consistently the best inside blocker on the WR corps. In fact, he is almost exclusively the only WR asked to block on the inside like a TE normally does. I wish Lafell would have been starting over him since day 1 since this was obviously a lost year. But Lafell hasn't even been asked to block as a WR on a consistent basis so some quote from John Fox 2 years ago means absolute crap.

Maybe you don't watch college football, so I'll just chalk it up to that. You think I mentioned LaFell's blocking 'skills' d/t a quote from John Fox? :confused: You misread.

I watched the majority of his LSU games & researched him coming out. Draftniks, etc. also spoke about his blocking skills. It was clear the blcoking phase of the game was important for WRs according to Fox, b/c pointed out the importance of that phase of the game for WRs on multiple occasions. I had a feeling back then we would draft him d/t his blocking, since Fox was our coach. I didn't say he was a good blocker b/c Fox said so.

Nanee has been 'asked' to block inside, but that's b/c that is how Rivera/Chud decided to use him (probably b/c he is does not have good hands). A top Wr can takle DBS out of the game by running a decoy route, which Nanee cannot do, b/c he doesn't have the other teams respect as a WR. He 'has' to be able to block to be of use in the rushing game.

Talking out of your rear b/c you don't understand something is what is truely "absolute crap". :leaving:

I think the bigger news here is that Edwards will get time at third receiver. It will be pretty interesting to see what he does with the chance.

And fwiw, I can't really comment on Nanee's blocking, but Lafell is outstanding in that phase of the game. Has been since his early college days.

Archived