• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's the 6th player in the 10/10 club.

Zithers

Joins some old school pre-merger guys in Spec Sanders (1947) and Tobin Rote (Bart Starr's predecessor).

Steve Grogan, Kordell Stewart, and Daunte Culpepper being the others that he joins.

So HOORAY! Kordell is the only member of the 20/10 club. Not sure if Cam can do 8 TDs in 5 games but we shall see.

Should cement him as rookie of the year, IMO. He has been asked to do everything for this team, and he has really stepped up. Not to mention the lack of the offseason work with a new coaching staff (I know the same can be said for Andy Dalton, but Dalton doesn't add the run ability that Cam has)

Forget that. Cam is only 600+ yards away from breaking Mannings rookie passing yards record. With 5 games to go, that's only 130 yards a game Cam needs to do it. That'll give him the most rushing TDs by a rookie and the most passing yards by a rookie. If Dalton wins ROY, there is no GOD.

Thank You Brother!

Forget that. Cam is only 600+ yards away from breaking Mannings rookie passing yards record. With 5 games to go, that's only 130 yards a game Cam needs to do it. That'll give him the most rushing TDs by a rookie and the most passing yards by a rookie. If Dalton wins ROY, there is no GOD.

But...but....Dalton has all those wins, so it must mean he's the only reason the Bengals are 7-4. I mean, if Newton was any good, he'd have 7 wins, and only allow other teams to put up 20 a game. ;)

Nothing against other rookies, namely Peterson, Miller and Dalton, but Newton should be the ROTY hands down. Put Newton on the Bengals and they're probably undefeated.

Newton's QB rating is 84 compared to Dalton's 82.6. Not that big of a difference really. Dalton also has a better TD to INT ratio.

Newton passes a lot more since his team is usually behind. But both QBs complete 60% of their passes.

I'd say it's a close race between the two. Still 5 games left for one of them to walk away with it or lose it.

Edit:

Don't know why the NFL.com is showing two week old stats. Here's a better comparison:

QB Rating 81.8 81.1

TD/INT Ratio 16/12 12/14

Yards 2,509 3,093

Then Cam has 464 Rushing yards with 10 TDs while Dalton has a negligible 80 or so rushing yards and 1TD.

Dalton also has 7 wins to Cam's 3 which most here think should not count for anything.

Dalton also has 7 wins to Cam's 3 which most here think should not count for anything.

Yeah Pretty reasonable position. Give Dalton our defense and give Cam the Bengal's defense and you would probably see those win totals reversed.Dalton has the better team right now. Our defense is at the bottom of the league, Dalton's defense is in the top 5.

But...but....Dalton has all those wins, so it must mean he's the only reason the Bengals are 7-4. I mean, if Newton was any good, he'd have 7 wins, and only allow other teams to put up 20 a game. ;)

Count on about 5 different threads saying that this week.

All started, of course, by the usual suspects.

Newton's QB rating is 84 compared to Dalton's 82.6. Not that big of a difference really. Dalton also has a better TD to INT ratio.

Newton passes a lot more since his team is usually behind. But both QBs complete 60% of their passes.

I'd say it's a close race between the two. Still 5 games left for one of them to walk away with it or lose it.

Edit:

Don't know why the NFL.com is showing two week old stats. Here's a better comparison:

QB Rating 81.8 81.1

TD/INT Ratio 16/12 12/14

Yards 2,509 3,093

Then Cam has 464 Rushing yards with 10 TDs while Dalton has a negligible 80 or so rushing yards and 1TD.

What I got from that is that Cam Newton is responsible for 5 TDs and ~1000 total yards more than Dalton, with Dalton having the #11 Passing Defense & #5 Rushing Defense to back him up for 4 more wins while Cam was able to grind out 3 while rolling with the #15 passing & #28 rushing defenses ;)

Archived