• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lion looking to trade #1 overall

scpanther22

I'd take Curry. Best player available please! I know, I know.... LB is the strength of our defense right now. But you can't pass on a talent like that. Just my .02

But, it won't matter because we can't afford to pay a 1st round pick right now anyway!

I heard Charlie Casserly say on NFLN that when he was a GM the way he felt about the #1 pick is he wanted to know what that team would give him in return if he took it off their hands.

Detroit COULD theoretically "afford" to trade it if another team did want it and take lesser value but more picks and it might not be too horrible for them. It may even work out better in the long run if they use thier picks wisely. They have tons of holes to fill, and they already have one first rounder in a more money safe spot.

Why the hell would we draft a QB with a number 1 overall pick? Stafford is not a number 1. IF we got the number one overall and IF we were not able to trade down, we would be wise to take Orapko to take Pepper's place

Did you just say we should use the number 1 overall pick on Brian Orakpo?

well, nobody would see that coming...

I would trade it to Denver for their two 1st round picks since allot of folks feel like the Broncos want Sanchez bad.

Detroit has so many needs I think they'd be better off not sinking all that money into one suspect 1st overall QB...

Fox having a #1 draft pick would be one huge waste of money. Fox would bench the guy, no matter who it was but especially a QB, for atleast 2 seasons. money down the drain.

look at what he did starting Foster over Williams in 2007

Well we already know from Vinnie T. (NOT FOX, so it isn't PC speak) that Williams wasn't ready for prime time in 2007 so I suggest you pick a better example. I also believe pretty firmly in a QB sitting on the bench for at least one year and more preferably two before he competes for a a starting role. You don't draft for one year, you draft for the big picture (at least good teams do).

Fox having a #1 draft pick would be one huge waste of money. Fox would bench the guy, no matter who it was but especially a QB, for atleast 2 seasons. money down the drain.

look at what he did starting Foster over Williams in 2007

yeah, he never starts the 1st pick right away...they all sit on the bench for two years and maybe do clean up duty.

peppers 2002....benched

gross 2003......benched

gamble 2004.....benched

davis 2005......never saw any playtime

williams 2006.....sat and saw no play time.

beason 2007.....benched

stewart 2008.....never saw any play time

otah 2008....benched.

that fox, he sure doesn't know how to use his first round picks. he's terrible.

wait...what? that isn't what happened?

really think Fox would start a Rookie QB?

anyone seriously think Williams was not as good as Foster in 2007?

look at Jarrett....players that control the ball on Offense, Fox is generally gun shy on putting them out there. Stewart being biggest exception and he still played behind Williams

So draft a QB #1 w/Jake still there, and I don't see Fox throwing the #1 pick and his huge contract on the field unless Richardson stepped in and demanded it.

really think Fox would start a Rookie QB?

anyone seriously think Williams was not as good as Foster in 2007?

look at Jarrett....players that control the ball on Offense, Fox is generally gun shy on putting them out there. Stewart being biggest exception and he still played behind Williams

So draft a QB #1 w/Jake still there, and I don't see Fox throwing the #1 pick and his huge contract on the field unless Richardson stepped in and demanded it.

Your entire argument is flawed. Do you really think being aggressive will make it true? See Rayzor's thread, he buried you. Lick your wounds and come back another day...

rookie Linebackers != rookie QB

Fox is not going to put a rookie General on the field in the first season, not his style. Its rare enough as it is, and back to the point #1 pick money would eat up the Salary cap and in this case used on a player not likely to play right away.

Archived