• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iverson to the Bobcats in 2010

Britneck

What does everyone think about this? It was on PTI last week and there is a part in the rumors section of espn.com about it. (can't see it cause you need to be a insider) He is one of my all time favorite players but i think he is to old now. I guess it would be ok if Felton leaves after this season but other then that i don't see where he fits.

It's the Brown - Iverson Connection mainly. What adds fuel to the fire is we need a clutch scorer/ scorer plain and simple. That way everyone can fall into the roles Brown wanted them to. Bell coming off the bench with Augustine. Starting Lineup

Felton, Iverson, Wallace, Diaw, Okafor. Key reserves next season Augustine, Bell Alexis, Martin, Rad, Rookie from first round draft pick.

The only problem with it is if we sign felton back, Iverson would put the team over the Luxary cap for sure if Felton himself doesn't do it. Is the team willing to do that???? Would Iverson fit or ruin the great chemistry this team has???? Would it be worth the risk??? I could tell you for sure that signing Iverson and keeping the current team intact plus having a solid first round pick the team would sell out a lot of games early next season. Would it last and would the team keep winning is the biggest question mark.

Iverson will not be a Bobcat. Only reason people are spreading this rumor is because Iverson's most successful years were under Coach Brown. But I highly doubt Brown wants to bring him in. Iverson is a volume shooter, he needs the ball 85% of the time to be great. There are only a few teams in the league who will defer to AI (who is 33 now) shooting the ball 30 times a game. The Bobcats are not one of them.

Iverson has been and will always be my favorite player.. he is the Steve Smith of the NBA.. little guy that has the heart of a Lion.. loved him since he was a Hoya..

now, i wouldve said no way to this notion last year, the beginning of this year and even by mid season.. but when Iverson said he would come of the bench and take a reserve role in Detroit, i almost croaked.. his ego is no where near what it used to be.. he doesnt need to shoot the ball 85% of the time like King Taharqa said.. (i kno u r jus exagerating) but he is trying to do one thing, and one thing only - get a ring before he retires.. if that means taking 15 shots a game and letting teammates join in, so be it..

now, do i see it happening- no.. because we arent close to winning a ring.. we r scraping it out for a chance to get in the 8th spot.. In The EAST!!

he will go somewhere he has a legit shot at winning.. not here

It's the Brown - Iverson Connection mainly. What adds fuel to the fire is we need a clutch scorer/ scorer plain and simple. That way everyone can fall into the roles Brown wanted them to. Bell coming off the bench with Augustine. Starting Lineup

Felton, Iverson, Wallace, Diaw, Okafor. Key reserves next season Augustine, Alexis, Martin, Rookie from first round draft pick.

The only problem with it is if we sign felton back, Iverson would put the team over the Luxary cap for sure if Felton himself doesn't do it. Is the team willing to do that???? Would Iverson fit or ruin the great chemistry this team has???? Would it be worth the risk??? I could tell you for sure that signing Iverson and keeping the current team intact plus having a solid first round pick the team would sell out a lot of games early next season. Would it last and would the team keep winning is the biggest question mark.

You forgot RAJA BELL.

Iverson has been and will always be my favorite player.. he is the Steve Smith of the NBA.. little guy that has the heart of a Lion.. loved him since he was a Hoya..

now, i wouldve said no way to this notion last year, the beginning of this year and even by mid season.. but when Iverson said he would come of the bench and take a reserve role in Detroit, i almost croaked.. his ego is no where near what it used to be.. he doesnt need to shoot the ball 85% of the time like King Taharqa said.. (i kno u r jus exagerating) but he is trying to do one thing, and one thing only - get a ring before he retires.. if that means taking 15 shots a game and letting teammates join in, so be it..

now, do i see it happening- no.. because we arent close to winning a ring.. we r scraping it out for a chance to get in the 8th spot.. In The EAST!!

he will go somewhere he has a legit shot at winning.. not here

You have read how he said he would rather retire than come off the bench right?

Archived