• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel Kiper says Luck is 2nd highest rated QB prospect since 1979

mav1234

Kiper just released his top 10 quarterback prospects as of the day before the draft they were taken in, then said where Luck would fit in.

If I did this list and included Luck based on where I think his pre-draft grade will be, he'd be at No. 2 overall. I still have his prospect grade below Elway at this point, but he edges out Kelly and has the second-highest grade for a QB in the 32 years I've been doing this. That's the kind of elite company he is in.

Here's the list:

1) Elway

2) Kelly

3) Bledsoe

4) Manning (Peyton)

5) Leaf

6) Vinny T

7) Andre Ware

8) Troy Aikman

9) Boomer Esiason

10)Steve Young

Note: This has nothing to do with how their careers ended, just how Kiper had them projected. He says Luck is #2 on that list if the draft was today, but reserves the right to change it should Luck fall a bit (or maybe if Luck's agent refuses to pay a consulting fee ;P)

Kiper just released his top 10 quarterback prospects as of the day before the draft they were taken in, then said where Luck would fit in.

Here's the list:

1) Elway

2) Kelly

3) Bledsoe

4) Manning (Peyton)

5) Leaf

6) Vinny T

7) Andre Ware

8) Troy Aikman

9) Boomer Esiason

10)Steve Young

Note: This has nothing to do with how their careers ended, just how Kiper had them projected. He says Luck is #2 on that list if the draft was today, but reserves the right to change it should Luck fall a bit (or maybe if Luck's agent refuses to pay a consulting fee ;P)

Or his agent ends up being Tom Condon. Then Luck will move to the top of the list and the 2012 draft will end up being the "BEST" ever. The NFL is so political it makes our government look good.

Kip was the same person who had Cam as the best QB who was as high as number three on his draftboard until Mayock and McShay got a hold of him, then Blaine became the better QB. We should continue to believe what those clowns say because they are such men of integrity.

Archived