• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Darth Biscuit

Haven't started a thread on this one... anyone else been watching. I'm waiting for them to announce that this one is cancelled since they moved it to Friday night...

I like the show, but I haven't been really that thrilled with the last couple of episodes, not that much action. I guess I'm just not really sure where they are going with the plot. I mean, they can't kill off Skynet/John Henry because it would stall the show?

And who is John Henry's brother, maybe Cameron?

***<Spoliers Below>*** If you haven't seen the last episode...

What's up with them killing off both Charlie and Derek??? Charlie wasn't that big of a deal, but Derek was, and it was kind of nonchalant too...

Killing them may be a way of setting up the show to make sense (if it's canceled after the season is over). John becomes more of a man, understands things a bit better, and points him into the right direction. Killing Derek was odd, but I give them props for making him go out unlike all other shows. I expected a little more fight out of him but when they show that no character (besides John) is safe it makes it a little more dramatic.

I was expecting Sarah to have cancer, and die toward the end, ending her "chronicles" and ending the show. Who knows though. Ratings are bad, but it's Friday, what do you expect? I was hoping it would get a decent following by die-hard people but no go. The show started out awesome, good fights, special effects, but it was easy to see that Fox kind of gave up when they stopped putting a lot of money into it.

HOWEVER, they may give it another season. With Terminator: Salvation coming out, with Bale, it will probably be massive and may spark interest in people after watching the movie, to watch the show (even though they are different etc etc) and may be able to sell this to advertisers a bit more.

We'll see.

It's a good show though, not great, but I like it, much how I liked Jericho.

Killing them may be a way of setting up the show to make sense (if it's canceled after the season is over). John becomes more of a man, understands things a bit better, and points him into the right direction. Killing Derek was odd, but I give them props for making him go out unlike all other shows. I expected a little more fight out of him but when they show that no character (besides John) is safe it makes it a little more dramatic.

Yeah, I'm not upset that they killed Derek even though I liked the character... I figure it's a way to make John's character grow up and move on. I thought the way they killed him was a little weird, maybe they were trying to show that if the machines want you dead, you're dead (except for John)...

Since they've killed off those two and the blonde girl... maybe they're trying to tighten up the cast and script some (unlike Heroes...).

I've been a watcher from the begining. I definitely have my worries that the show will get cancelled in the near future, simply because of the move to the Friday time slot and overall down viewership. On the other hand, the friday time slot is never really a winner so maybe Fox is trying to find a way to keep the show around for the die-hards who still watch without torpedoing what could otherwise be a good time slot during the week.

As far as where the show is going, I think they may be setting it up in a way that wouldn't leave too many lose ends if the show was to get cancelled. I get the feeling that Sarah may do something soon that causes her to sacrifice herself to let John live, since she believes she's going to die anyway...

As far as the John Henry storyline, its very intriguing and I hope we get more of it. I was conflicted for some time as to whether or not they were the bad guys but now I'm pretty confident that they are infact good. I think the female came back in an attempt to create a new timeline where the machines are used for good instead of bad. I don't know though that we'll see the fruition of that storyline unless we get another season.

I've been a watcher from the begining. I definitely have my worries that the show will get cancelled in the near future, simply because of the move to the Friday time slot and overall down viewership. On the other hand, the friday time slot is never really a winner so maybe Fox is trying to find a way to keep the show around for the die-hards who still watch without torpedoing what could otherwise be a good time slot during the week.

As far as where the show is going, I think they may be setting it up in a way that wouldn't leave too many lose ends if the show was to get cancelled. I get the feeling that Sarah may do something soon that causes her to sacrifice herself to let John live, since she believes she's going to die anyway...

As far as the John Henry storyline, its very intriguing and I hope we get more of it. I was conflicted for some time as to whether or not they were the bad guys but now I'm pretty confident that they are infact good. I think the female came back in an attempt to create a new timeline where the machines are used for good instead of bad. I don't know though that we'll see the fruition of that storyline unless we get another season.

You make a couple of good points... I hope you're right about Fox's motivation for putting it on Friday night...

Maybe the Ms. Weaver terminator is the liquid terminator from the future scene on the submarine?

I haven't missed an episode and I think the show is headed in the right direction. I honestly never thought about what the friday night time slot would do to ratings, I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

I'm still wondering what happened with the female liquid terminator that escaped from the submarine in the future, if that has so much impact on the story why haven't they addressed that storyline more?

Oh and I heart Summer Glau

I'm still wondering what happened with the female liquid terminator that escaped from the submarine in the future, if that has so much impact on the story why haven't they addressed that storyline more?

I hadn't really thought about that until Ounce's post... I think maybe that's the link, the liquid terminator from the sub is Ms. Weaver and she/it came back to do *something*, but who knows what...

I think this show is great. I really like the way the Killed the girl friend Derek and Charlie off. It was shocking and puts more on John to become the leader. I think they have done great as far as making him become the John Connor of the future this season. At first I was unsure of the actor pulling it off, but now I really like him. He is very believable as the future leader of the resistance.

I haven't missed an episode and I think the show is headed in the right direction. I honestly never thought about what the friday night time slot would do to ratings, I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Oh and I heart Summer Glau

They answered that in tonights episode. Great show I've been watching and TVO'ing it since the beginning.

Ms Weaver isn't building Skynet she's come to the past to build the anti-Skynet.

They answered that in tonights episode. Great show I've been watching and TVO'ing it since the beginning.

Ms Weaver isn't building Skynet she's come to the past to build the anti-Skynet.

I'll believe her when me sh*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

I thought this season finale was a great episode, really enjoyed it. They tied it up well and I liked the part where John goes into the future to meet Derek and his own dad.

Ounce called it about Ms. Weaver, and I think she's the real deal. If you follow AI development to it's logical conclusion, AI's would be just like real people... some good, some bad with their own opinions of right and wrong and morality.

I hope the show comes back...

love the show. Big Terminator fan. At first I thought That the show was gonna suck. Didn't like the actor playing john conner no did I like the actor that played JC in T3. Thats a different topic though. I NOW like the actor playing JC and actually like the actress playing SC. I was really shocked when they killed off Derek. I'm really interested to see where next season is going with the time travel at the end of the season finale. Maybe more about Sarah Conner and what she does to help John now that he's in the future. Maybe small cut seens to John and the future. SO we can see what she has done to actually help him out.

On a side note. I thought it was wierd that since John was sent to the future before he was sent to a skynet prison camp and lead any revolt or what not he isn't known in the future. i.e. why the Reese brothers didn't know the name (john Conner). It will be interesting to see how the writers guide us through the upcomming season. I hope they don't cancel it. I liked the Monday night slot. They had to compete with some popular shows on monday nights though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this chick (screenshot I took from a Terminator:Salvation trailor) the same british-accented Asian chick in Chronicles? If so, that's an incredibly cool way of tying them all together, since we know from Chronicles that she was around John in the future

post-305-133194759806_thumb.jpg

Archived