• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

* 2012 NBA Draft Prospects *

HeatCheck

Just finished watching the Florida-Kentucky game. Lots of prospects from this game.

Anthony Davis Played really well on defense altering and blocking a good bit of UF shots. Offensively, like I have noticed before, is mainly dunks. He did hit one 3, but then got ahead of himself and missed the next on the next possesion. Although I will say against Young, he did better starting from the perimeter and driving in. He is quicker and more athletic than Young and was able to drive by him. His handles helped that as well. When he started in the post, Young (who is a beast physically) was driven off the post a bit and had to fall away on a couple of shots.

I wish he would either bulk up or improve his mid range game. If he bulked up a bit he wouldn't be pushed off the block as much. But if he improved his mid range game he could use that to his advantage drawing defenders out so he could drive if he pumped. Still a great athlete and nothing really has changed my opinion of him. Very skilled big man and I know it seems like an odd comparison but think of a more gifted Noah. Finished with 22 Pts, 11 Reb, 6 Blk

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Not too much of a factor this game. He has some nice dishes and rebounds. Still don't think I'd select him over Barnes.

Doron Lamb Thought I was going to write more about him but was even less of a factor than MKG. I think he might have hit one 3 but can't remember much from him.

Terrence Jones Don't let the points fool you. Most of his work game in the first half but his shot selection is poor in my eyes. I noticed that las year as well. He will just drive and try to use his athleticism to shoot over you. Shoots too much in traffic, it just happened to work for a bit in the first half. Never really liked him as a player.

Patric Young Different player than Davis in that he is strictly a post player. He has a nice jump hook shot but after a while he started to get hesitant at some points as Davis started timing his shot. But Young still put up some points with jump hooks, dunks and putbacks. It was a great match up to watch. Finished with 21 Pts, 9 Reb.

Bradley Beal Very skilled player but had a poor shooting day, couldn't buy a basket. All around player and very good rebounder for his size but didn't do too much this game.

Davis has to be the pick at number 1. If we don't get 1 it will be up in the air. Seems like this is a deep draft, but no once in a generation talent.

I agree that if we get #1 the pick is Davis (although I don't think he is a franchise player) but I would consider trading that pick if the offer is good enough. Heck, who knows who'll declare after the season is over with. Davis I'd think will leave but Barnes, Henson, MKG, Sullinger, and a few other top names may stay in college.

Either you take Harrison Barnes with your first pick if he comes out and you can get him, or you're a FOOL who doesn't understand the direction the NBA is heading.

6'8 wings with guard skills, ala Kobe, Carmello, and LeBron (even taller in Durant). Not saying Barnes is that "elite", but you take that chance and draft Barnes, and then build the team around him and a SECOND wing with similar skills, ala Jordan-Pippen and now Wade-James. If that 2-3 position is tight, you can win a lot of games with less high-profile players around them.

If you draft Davis or Drummond ahead of Barnes, you will live to regret it. Barnes is ready from Day One, and Davis' upside isn't necessarily greater than Barnes' at the next level, since UNC players often underperform in college compared to the pros.

You get the franchise wing if you can get him these days. You don't need a franchise C to be successful, and you aren't guaranteed to be when his team is getting lit up in the backcourt by Barnes-type wings. Just ask Dwight Howard about that.

either you take harrison barnes with your first pick if he comes out and you can get him, or you're a fool who doesn't understand the direction the nba is heading.

6'8 wings with guard skills, ala kobe, carmello, and lebron (even taller in durant). Not saying barnes is that "elite", but you take that chance and draft barnes, and then build the team around him and a second wing with similar skills, ala jordan-pippen and now wade-james. If that 2-3 position is tight, you can win a lot of games with less high-profile players around them.

If you draft davis or drummond ahead of barnes, you will live to regret it. Barnes is ready from day one, and davis' upside isn't necessarily greater than barnes' at the next level, since unc players often underperform in college compared to the pros.

You get the franchise wing if you can get him these days. You don't need a franchise c to be successful, and you aren't guaranteed to be when his team is getting lit up in the backcourt by barnes-type wings. Just ask dwight howard about that.

3/10

Either you take Harrison Barnes with your first pick if he comes out and you can get him, or you're a FOOL who doesn't understand the direction the NBA is heading.

6'8 wings with guard skills, ala Kobe, Carmello, and LeBron (even taller in Durant). Not saying Barnes is that "elite", but you take that chance and draft Barnes, and then build the team around him and a SECOND wing with similar skills, ala Jordan-Pippen and now Wade-James. If that 2-3 position is tight, you can win a lot of games with less high-profile players around them.

If you draft Davis or Drummond ahead of Barnes, you will live to regret it. Barnes is ready from Day One, and Davis' upside isn't necessarily greater than Barnes' at the next level, since UNC players often underperform in college compared to the pros.

You get the franchise wing if you can get him these days. You don't need a franchise C to be successful, and you aren't guaranteed to be when his team is getting lit up in the backcourt by Barnes-type wings. Just ask Dwight Howard about that.

Well, when we lose the lottery I will look back for this post to make me feel better about having the #2 pick

Im a huge Carolina fan so Ive watched Harrison play alot. Barnes just cant dribble and has a slow 1st step. He can hardly beat college defenders off the dribble, let alone NBA guys. Usually you see him take a dribble or two laterally or backwards then pull up. I'd be all for taking him #2 or lower but #1 over Davis IDK.

If there is no top PG in the draft you go center. We don't need a PG so...

I like Davis I just worry about him getting pushed around in the NBA thus negating his put back game and making those dunks harder in the paint. I'd gamble on his talent though because he could be special.

I see Drummond as a more rounded center. He has a nice fadeaway. He's a good shot blocker, great in the paint can finish with authority and looks to do so. Great quickness and can take it coast to coast not a liability in the open court, fluid athlete. At 270lbs he has a ready made NBA body.

I see the Bobcats somehow fuggin up the lottery somehow so if we land at #2 I'd go with Drummond. I'd load up on front court talent if I were the Bobcats, Biyombo was a good start but they need to keep collecting at this point.

Archived