• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

* 2012 NBA Draft Prospects *

HeatCheck

"valid counter" is about the farthest thing I took from your post. You imagined I said something and used it as a way to try and start an argument.

Sigh. Let me say this one more time. Maybe this time you will actually make a legitimate argument against my point.

Regarding your statement that he sat on the bench before this year as justification for not wanting to use a top pick on him...Markeiff and Marcus Morris were in front of him on the depth chart. They both currently play in the NBA.

Which players do you really want at that spot? I wouldnt mind trading down if we had an underrated player in mind, but its tough to pass up on guys like Thomas Robinson and Kidd-Gilchrist with that high pick

I understand some may not agree, but this is just my opinion.... I will explain more.

Robinson - He would be number 2 on my list, Good physical tools, but don't see him as a elite type score at the next level... potential is there, but to be a good PF he will need to develop a much much better jump shoot/ NBA mid range game IMO. In terms of offensive game he is still limited.

Kidd- Gildchrist - High motor great great hustle player, and high upside as a defender, But not much offense out of him... Didn't score much last season... not a great shooter, not really a strong offensive player... Not close to anyone to build a round... But can be an excellent role player IMO

Barnes - High upside, but still needs a lot of work... Watching him in Carolina I did not think he was that good when things had to run through him... Seems a little streaky with his shooting and forces bad shoots (can be fixed). But I just think he needs time to develop and is not ready to be a star on a team just yet.

Sullinger/ Drummond/ P. Jones/ Beal/ Rivers/ Lamb/ Henson and anyone else I may have missed have good upside, but they also have some limitations in their game that does not make them an instant difference maker on a team like Charlotte.

With that being said after Davis I think this is a pretty equally and deep draft from about 2-9 or 10 but no one is really hands down above the other prospects. Because of this I think some teams in the lottery may have a specific need where they need a body tweener PF like Sullinger, or a pure shooter/PG, or a defensive PF who they do not need a lot of offense from to help complete them. Drafting 2,3,4 could be valuable for them to get that specific prospect. But we have a long way to go rebuilding and if we can drop back and get a equally talented player somewhere around 6-8 where we still have good options to choose from while picking up a number of future picks that may also be lottery could help the team in the long run...

Basically what I am saying is what we lose from dropping back from those positions back 3,4,5 spots is not a lot in terms of talent and we pick up future potential lottery picks or ammo to move up in future seasons.

you're also comparing apples to oranges.

If they draft Robinson, maybe...just maybe they'll win 15 games next year!

How on earth is that "comparing apples to oranges"? Al Horford didnt play much when he first came into college, but kept improving and was a very good pro prospect by his Junior year when he declared for the draft. Hell, they even play the same position and both have low post oriented games.

Obviously they arent the same person, but I would say Horford is a good example of a late bloomer. Which makes him an apt comparison for Robinson. Obviously he wont make the bobcats a good team next season, but that is completely irrelevant because no one in the draft is doing that. Though IMO Thomas Robinson would improve the bobcats more next year than Anthony Davis

I understand some may not agree, but this is just my opinion.... I will explain more.

Robinson - He would be number 2 on my list, Good physical tools, but don't see him as a elite type score at the next level... potential is there, but to be a good PF he will need to develop a much much better jump shoot/ NBA mid range game IMO. In terms of offensive game he is still limited.

Kidd- Gildchrist - High motor great great hustle player, and high upside as a defender, But not much offense out of him... Didn't score much last season... not a great shooter, not really a strong offensive player... Not close to anyone to build a round... But can be an excellent role player IMO

Barnes - High upside, but still needs a lot of work... Watching him in Carolina I did not think he was that good when things had to run through him... Seems a little streaky with his shooting and forces bad shoots (can be fixed). But I just think he needs time to develop and is not ready to be a star on a team just yet.

Sullinger/ Drummond/ P. Jones/ Beal/ Rivers/ Lamb/ Henson and anyone else I may have missed have good upside, but they also have some limitations in their game that does not make them an instant difference maker on a team like Charlotte.

With that being said after Davis I think this is a pretty equally and deep draft from about 2-9 or 10 but no one is really hands down above the other prospects. Because of this I think some teams in the lottery may have a specific need where they need a body tweener PF like Sullinger, or a pure shooter/PG, or a defensive PF who they do not need a lot of offense from to help complete them. Drafting 2,3,4 could be valuable for them to get that specific prospect. But we have a long way to go rebuilding and if we can drop back and get a equally talented player somewhere around 6-8 where we still have good options to choose from while picking up a number of future picks that may also be lottery could help the team in the long run...

Basically what I am saying is what we lose from dropping back from those positions back 3,4,5 spots is not a lot in terms of talent and we pick up future potential lottery picks or ammo to move up in future seasons.

I get where you're coming from, I just dont particularly like the prospects after Davis, MKG, Robinson, Beal, and Sullinger. I feel like those 5 guys will come in and make a difference right away, the other guys are going to have to adjust more.

Though IMO Thomas Robinson would improve the bobcats more next year than Anthony Davis

This is all I need to read to know you're clueless about basketball.

Davis is going to help the team that's lucky enough to get him tremendously. A face lift on and off the court.

I truly hope you don't think that bro. I bet it's a defensive mechanism your weak mind has created because you know the Bobcats are going to get screwed out of the lottery and probably have to take Robinson, so when it does happen, you'll be ready for it.

Sigh. Let me say this one more time. Maybe this time you will actually make a legitimate argument against my point.

Regarding your statement that he sat on the bench before this year as justification for not wanting to use a top pick on him...Markeiff and Marcus Morris were in front of him on the depth chart. They both currently play in the NBA.

did you or did you not fabricate something I said and try to start sh1t? Yeah, that's what I thought.

If Robinson was so good, you'd think Bill fuging Self would have realized that and started him over freshmen.

#youlose

For those of you who are extremely high on Robinson (so much more than prospects other than Davis). What is it about his game that you saw and makes you think he is an instant difference maker?

As I said earlier, from me watching him he lacks any sort of mid-range game and jump shoot which you need to be an offensive PF in the NBA. He does have good size to where he can grow into the role, but with his limited offensive abilities right now at the next level I don’t see him being than much better than about 7 other prospects.

Relax, obviously I dont mean Robinson is a better prospect, or that he is a better player (he is not). I just think Robinson is going to have a smoother transition to the NBA, mainly because of his size. Anthony Davis is going to be a game changing player on defense from day 1, but I think it could take some time for his offense to come as he adapts to playing against stronger players. The bobcats need offense badly, so I think Robinson would improve the bobcats more next year. The bobcats will be terrible next year either way.

Relax, obviously I dont mean Robinson is a better prospect, or that he is a better player (he is not). I just think Robinson is going to have a smoother transition to the NBA, mainly because of his size. Anthony Davis is going to be a game changing player on defense from day 1, but I think it could take some time for his offense to come as he adapts to playing against stronger players. The bobcats need offense badly, so I think Robinson would improve the bobcats more next year. The bobcats will be terrible next year either way.

You say we need offensive help, but my question is what in Robinsons game leads you to believe he will be this offensive factor next year? Because I actually think the opposite.

But we do agree he does have the perfect physical body type for PF at the NBA level IMO.

You say we need offensive help, but my question is what in Robinsons game leads you to believe he will be this offensive factor next year? Because I actually think the opposite.

But we do agree he does have the perfect physical body type for PF at the NBA level IMO.

I thought he had a nice low post game at KU last year. He doesnt have one great go to move, but he can score a few different ways on the low block- there is a reason Kansas made a point to post him up a lot last year.

He's not a cant miss prospect, but by all accounts he worked hard and improved every year in college, if he keeps it up in the pros he should be a good PF in the NBA

I thought he had a nice low post game at KU last year. He doesnt have one great go to move, but he can score a few different ways on the low block- there is a reason Kansas made a point to post him up a lot last year.

He's not a cant miss prospect, but by all accounts he worked hard and improved every year in college, if he keeps it up in the pros he should be a good PF in the NBA

Back peddling already I see.

Robinsons interior game was benefited tremendously in the tourney by the great play of the KU center. A center, if you haven't noticed, is something the bobcats don't have.

Robinson wasn't even the MVP of their tourney run this season. Still think of heels had KM different story to the Elite8 game.

Back peddling already I see.

Robinsons interior game was benefited tremendously in the tourney by the great play of the KU center. A center, if you haven't noticed, is something the bobcats don't have.

Yes, I backpeddled from the statement "Thomas Robinson would improve the bobcats more next year than Anthony Davis" with an entire post explaining why I still think that statement is true.

I love Robinson but I wouldn't draft him over Davis. I fo sho would over that waste of talent Barnes if the Bobcats ended up with #2 or 3

Even if bobcats pick Davis, they're still looking at a high draft choice next season. Luckily for them tho there will be 4-5 nc state players available in the first round next season.

Archived