• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Gameday Thread: Bucs @ Panthers

The Other Colbert

Cam Newton is just 18 yards shy of Peyton Manning’s rookie passing record, but while his passing and rushing skills have surpassed expectations, he still has not mastered the emotional repression required to succeed in the N.F.L. Luckily, the veteran linemen Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalil are giving him lessons in personality suppression. “I have a bad tendency of showing my emotions on my face,” Newton said Wednesday. “I have to change it, and I’m trying to change it. At the quarterback position, you need to stay even-keeled.” Soon, all elements of Newton’s humanity will be airbrushed away, and he will become like the other quarterbots, unwilling and incapable of expressing disappointment or doubt, and only feeling pleasure and pride during the few seconds he is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. Do not worry, Cam: the assimilation is mostly painless, and your personality grows back about a decade after retirement. Pick: Panthers

SATURDAY football!!! I don't recall having all/most of the games playing on a Saturday! 0.0 I've been a Panthers fan since year one!! !Anybody wanna enlighten me, have we/nfl played on Saturdays before?? I really don't recall, almost would have missed this game if i didn't check nfl.com and such. Any hoot, let's beat Tampa and break History!!! :)

Carolina Panthers @Panthers 5m

#Panthers Inactives: WR Seyi Ajirotutu, C Jeff Byers, QB Jimmy Clausen, LB Omar Gaither, S Charles Godfrey, K Adi Kunalic & DE Eric Norwood.

Carolina Panthers @Panthers 4m

R.J. Stanford will start at CB in place of Captain Munnerlyn who was placed on IR Friday.

Meh at Stanford.

Bucs will be missing both starting DTs -- Haynesworth and Price are inactive. Roy Miller and Frank Okam will start.

Archived