• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Gross and DeAngelo Williams

bauss

I was reading ESPN and came across this:

Rivera pulled Newton and the other key starters early in the fourth.

As Newton walked over to the bench, teammates DeAngelo Williams and Jordan Gross sat with towels over their head -- some good-natured ribbing directed at Newton, who has been criticized by some fans for covering his head when things weren't going well.

Anyone happen to catch this? Grab a picture? Would love to have saw the reactions.

Anyone happen to catch this? Grab a picture? Would love to have saw the reactions.

Nope. More on it, though:

Dec. 24, 2011 6:35 p.m. - by Jeff Hawkins - Towels, towels, everywhere you look

Known for wearing a towel over his head while on the sideline, Cam Newton looked over at his mocking teammates. All he could do was laugh. With Newton out of the rout, T Jordan Gross was among those who donned a towel. “Giving him a hard time,” Gross said of the joke. Panthers RapidReports

Dec. 24, 2011 6:27 p.m. - by Jeff Hawkins - Towel outbreak all about fun, Newton says

On his teammates’ prank of wearing towels on their heads Saturday, Cam Newton turned philosophical: “One thing that we preach is 'Have fun.' If you’re not having fun doing what you love to do there’s no use in doing it.” Panthers RapidReports

I'm curious how many people realize how this played out the last few weeks... Cam's interview did rub some of the team the wrong way, Gross and Kalil talked to Cam, Cam humbled himself and now everyone is making jokes...

tight locker room...

Cam talked about it in his press conference after the game..... said it was funny and that Gross and Kahlil are the biggest jokers on the team and are always doing stuff. He also mentioned there were some other guys who were the same.

I was sitting behind the bench and saw this happen. Jordan Gross, Jonathan Stewart, and Deangelo put the towels on their heads and shortly followed by a few more offensive lineman. Stewart kept walking around and pulling off the superman thing cam does, even doing it at the crowd a few times. Everyone looked like they were having a blast.

Archived