• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The latest from Mason

Mr. Scot

I don't remember anyone saying that Ryan and Flacco were going to turn their franchises around before the draft.

Stafford and Sanchez are each capable of being as good as those two. Now if they go to the Lions you'll never know that, but if they go to a decent team, they can shine.

i agree 100% that stafford and sanchez both have tons of potential, and either one could be this years ryan or flacco. but like it was said before mid first round is the latest either will fall, the only trade bait we have is peppers, and if we trade him we have to concentrate on drafting a replacement for him. defensive needs are a lot bigger than getting a QB right now

I don't remember anyone saying that Ryan and Flacco were going to turn their franchises around before the draft.

Stafford and Sanchez are each capable of being as good as those two. Now if they go to the Lions you'll never know that, but if they go to a decent team, they can shine.

we had as much of a chance getting cutler as we do one of those two and only one of them do i feel pretty certain will do well.

i don't think flacco is what turned that franchise around, btw....i give a whole lot more credit to harbaugh and cameron than to flacco. they opened up the offense. he just went along for the ride. he wasn't horrid by any means but he also wasn't spectacular.

re: ryan...by far the exception. guys who come out of the gate playing like that are few and far between.

i hear what he is saying but there are so many diff between the panthers and pitt that i dont even look at this article as comfort...fact is pitt has a DEF that we can dream about and a young franchise QB..i think we can win this season but jake will get tested.and he cant afford to have the stinkers he did last season or else he will be gone.

I see what you are saying about the defense BUT Pittsburgh's offense was in the same situation our defense is in now.

Pittsburgh offense became less talented from 07 to 08 but still won a championship. The defense made no real changes and still got better. Flip those two around and that is what could happen with the Panthers this season. I'm not saying it will but it could and that is how I took the comparison he was making.

No, but if returning to the playoffs is your goal (and winning a game this year), you have to remember that Jake...

a. has missed significant portions of two of his last three seasons, and isn't getting any younger (how he stayed healthy last year is amazing...great O line, I guess)

b. is coming off one of the worst postseason performances by a QB in the last 20 years. There's no guarantee he'll be back mentally. Probability? Yes. Guarantee? No..

They need a young stud who can come in and learn from Jake and be ready to go when needed late in the year.

We should focus on out lines in this draft, get our QB in next years draft.

Jake missed 16 games over the last 3 years and 13 of those were in the 07-08 season. He only missed 3 games in the 06-07 season. Jake will be back, he's had bad games before. You also have to take into account the effect the surgery had on his arm last year, dealing with fatigue and such.

So you want to gamble on getting it right, yes getting it right with a $14,000,000.00 a year QB in round one, having to trade everything you've got this year and half of what you have next year? You're a smart man...

There's nobody in this year's QB class that I'd be happy to see us spending a first round pick on. Nobody. That includes Stafford, Sanchez, Pat White, Josh Freeman, any of 'em. Rayzor's right. If we want to go that route, this is not the year.

This year reminds me of the year when the top QB prospects were Heath Shuler and Trent Dilfer. People had doubts then too, and in the end neither of them proved they were worth the first round picks that were used to get them.

I'd rather keep Matt Moore for the future, and I'm a bigger fan of Josh McCown than others.

So you want to gamble on getting it right, yes getting it right with a $14,000,000.00 a year QB in round one, having to trade everything you've got this year and half of what you have next year? You're a smart man...

Steelers...Roethlisberger

Giants....E. Manning

Colts....P. Manning

These are your last three champions

Giants....E. Manning

Colts....P. Manning

Can you honestly, with no reservation, suggest that Stafford and Sanchez are even close to that class of player?

People are talking about next year's draft as similar to the 83 QB draft. If we took one this year, I'd groan.

Giants....E. Manning

Colts....P. Manning

32 teams, let's here some more! Of course you'll use Brady, but he was a 6. Pulling the trigger on 1 and paying the money is a huge risk and you're smart enough to know that. Fox won't do that and I don't blame him.No QB this year will be the QB to pull a team to the Super Bowl, period, you know that. Sue me... :lol:

32 teams, let's here some more! Of course you'll use Brady, but he was a 6. Pulling the trigger on 1 and paying the money is a huge risk and you're smart enough to know that. Fox won't do that and I don't blame him.No QB this year will be the QB to pull a team to the Super Bowl, period, you know that. Sue me... :lol:

You're talking about the top pick or even the top five picks in the draft. I'm talking about getting Sanchez around 10-15.

This team was 12-4 last year. They can afford to let a QB of the future learn on the bench for one year. But not Matt Moore. Someone who actually can win games for you instead of not losing them.

If next year is 83 all over again, though, I agree it would be wise to wait a year. Though THAT would be really taking a gamble. There was a pretty good quarterback taken in 1982....Jim McMahon.

You're talking about the top pick or even the top five picks in the draft. I'm talking about getting Sanchez around 10-15.

This team was 12-4 last year. They can afford to let a QB of the future learn on the bench for one year. But not Matt Moore. Someone who actually can win games for you instead of not losing them.

If next year is 83 all over again, though, I agree it would be wise to wait a year. Though THAT would be really taking a gamble. There was a pretty good quarterback taken in 1982....Jim McMahon.

If you think you're going to get Sanchez at 10 to 15, you're living in a dream world, that's just the truth...

Archived