• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GW calls out Bob Johnson

Murph

GW needs to stop bitching. The Bobcats are in this position because they could not close out games against cellar dwellar teams.

even if we did beat those dwellrs like Indiana and Wizards and Timberwolves.. we still would be in a tough position to lose the 8th spot if we had it..

we are "the first NBA team in 12 years to close the season on a four-game road trip".. he didnt jump all over Bob or anything.. he said he hated to say it.. but it truely is partly his fault.. he obviously didnt have any faith in the team and just said "ah whos cares, we will be knocked out of the playoff hunt long before that 4 game road trip.."

he obviously thought that those games IF they were in Charlotte, would be low sellers for tickets since we would be, in his mind, knocked out already.. but now, he will most definitely lose out on possibly hosting 2 NBA playoff games in his arena..

basically what im saying is, he gave us no shot to make the playoffs..

basically what im saying is, he gave us no shot to make the playoffs..

He hired Larry Brown. That put the Bobcats in this position in the first place. If the Bobcats miss out on the playoffs it wont be because their last 4 games were on the road. These next 4 could all be at home and if Detroit and Chi wins out it wouldnt've mattered.

regardless, Bob Johnson is horrible.

I respect your opinion. IMO, Bob is the best pro sports owner in the Carolinas. He actually gives a damn what his fans say and reacts accordingly. He's smart enough to know you think he's horrible, so he hires Jordan and Brown and gets the hell out of the way and lets them take 100% of the credit. As an owner I also love the fact none of his boys has ever had problems with the law and always give back to their community.

^^^ You know what that makes sense...but everyone jumps on Jordans back about his attendance and I never had a problem until recently.

My Little Story: Well ALL OF A SUDDEN when we're in the hunt he can actually make some games when before he was nowhere...also

when he is there ESPN only wanted to show his pretty little mug...I mean they showed him getting excited more than they showed the ACTUAL BOBCATS!!! just frustrates me.

I respect your opinion. IMO, Bob is the best pro sports owner in the Carolinas. He actually gives a damn what his fans say and reacts accordingly. He's smart enough to know you think he's horrible, so he hires Jordan and Brown and gets the hell out of the way and lets them take 100% of the credit. As an owner I also love the fact none of his boys has ever had problems with the law and always give back to their community.

So your saying that an owner that built an arena, when nobody wanted him to, is better than Jerry Richardson, and Peter Karmanos? You say he listens to fans, yet he completely ignored them and built a big arena in the center of downtown Charlotte. He also stormed the Charlotte Observers office, and blamed the big buisness owners for not buying suites in the arena.

Saw an interview with Raja Bell on the news last night where he was taking some jabs at the situation/ownership. Said hopefully next year they may consider them good enough to have a possibility to make the playoffs. Also, said "they must be some good horses". It was actually pretty funny.

So your saying that an owner that built an arena, when nobody wanted him to, is better than Jerry Richardson, and Peter Karmanos? You say he listens to fans, yet he completely ignored them and built a big arena in the center of downtown Charlotte. He also stormed the Charlotte Observers office, and blamed the big buisness owners for not buying suites in the arena.

Nobody wanted him to build the arena? How did it get built then? Did he do it all by himself and lay down every brick? LOL. That arena has done more for downtown than BOA stadium has. Outside of Panthers football and the Meineke Car Care Bowl what HUGE events does Jerry Richardson bring to town? Bob Johnson is responsible for CIAA, ACC tourney, NCAA, and your favorite musical act coming to the Queen City. And I again I stress, he's an owner that demands his boys stay obedient to the law and not embarrass this city with scandals.

He actually gives a damn what his fans say He's smart enough to know you think he's horrible, so he hires Jordan and Brown and gets the hell out of the way and lets them take 100% of the credit.

Hiring Jordan was another marketing idea, plan and simple. And wasn't Jordan the one who greenlighted drafting May and Morrison to "market" to local college basketball fans? Didn't he hire a bunch of his buddies at UNC to be assistant coaches, fire Bickerstaff in favor of Sam Vincent? He luckily had the connection to hire Larry Brown who everyone knew was one of the all time coaching greats. But how much better would the Bobcats have been if Brown didn't have to essentially do a huge load of house cleaning from a roster that Jordan put together?

He also stormed the Charlotte Observers office, and blamed the big buisness owners for not buying suites in the arena.

Don't forget toying with the idea to eliminate the Bobcats' radio broadcasting team to save money prior to the season, and the year long fan giveaway for a one year lease on a Ford Focus.

If the Bobcats miss out on the playoffs it wont be because their last 4 games were on the road. These next 4 could all be at home and if Detroit and Chi wins out it wouldnt've mattered.

Actually 14 of the first 20 were at home and before we traded for Diaw and Bell and we lost lots of those games that if we played the same teams later in the season we would have won with Diaw and Bell. IMO

Bob Johnson is the best owner in the Carolinas? What the hell are you smoking?

Peter Karmonos built a Stanley Cup championship team who has been to two Stanley Cup Finals in ten years. Jerry Richardson built a team that has been to three NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl in 10 years.

Not to mention, both guys are some of the most respected owners on a national level for their sport.

Bob Johnson is the best owner in the Carolinas? What the hell are you smoking?

Peter Karmonos built a Stanley Cup championship team who has been to two Stanley Cup Finals in ten years. Jerry Richardson built a team that has been to three NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl in 10 years.

Not to mention, both guys are some of the most respected owners on a national level for their sport.

And 5 years of Bobcats basketball and not a single playoff appearance. The next 5 will be a real test for the organization though. I know you wanna throw the credit to Bob Johnson KT, but before Larry Brown got here, this team was an absolute joke. I remember people like Steven A Smith just laughing at us on draft night on national TV. This team was doomed for mediocrity before Larry Brown came in and cleaned house. Bickerstaff had a decent program started but the supposedly "best owner in the Carolinas" came in and fired him and brought in an inexperienced coaching friend.

Archived