• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Draft Needs

cdandi1

Tyreke Evans would be a solid pick. He could really lock up that 2 spot for us, so we don't have to look to Wallace for all our offensive production.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=41608

Physically, I agree, Tyreke Evans would be a perfect fit. However, he is the epitomy of a "me-first" player. He's known to be a black hole who sometimes forgets he has teammates. So, I think he is totally wrong for this team. The Bobcats are built on unselfish teamwork and have good locker room chemistry, and if Evens came here, I think he could/would prove to be a serious cancer.

If the team had an established star that could keep him in line, maybe, but they don't. Instead they have a team of solid role players in need of a true go-to guy. However, I don't think Evans is that guy. They don't need someone to just take over, especially at the expense of his teammates. Rather they need someone that can come in and blend with the working parts, but able to situationally step up and take over a game when need be.

Curry is a better shooter than anyone on the team. Not saying they should do it, but if they did I could see why.

Anybody with a shot like his will be quite OK in the NBA. He has the range and the lightning quick release that seems oddly familiar to Hornets fans.

I could see him as a 2. He'd have to work on his D for NBA 2s though.

Curry is a better shooter than anyone on the team. Not saying they should do it, but if they did I could see why.

Anybody with a shot like his will be quite OK in the NBA. He has the range and the lightning quick release that seems oddly familiar to Hornets fans.

I could see him as a 2. He'd have to work on his D for NBA 2s though.

Bobs already have one undersized guard that can't defend against NBA guards and he has quite a bit more lateral quickness than Curry.

PASS.

at best Curry will become the next Richard Hamilton... I wouldn't mind having Richard Hamilton on our team though. Curry is very active and has such a quick release that he'll prove difficult to defend in the NBA. What is questionable is whether or not he will be able to defend anyone.

Still too early to tell who I think we should go with. It's no lie that Raja is getting up there in years. We can always use more bigs. I think we're pretty set at PF and PG. We have a lot of picks so I'll be interestd to see what we can do.

I don't follow the bobcats that much but IMO Demar DeRozan looks like a player that the Bobcats foolishly passed on a few years back...Rudy Gay. I think Mullens is going to be a bust unless you just want a run of the mill big man in the NBA. So if the Bobcats are lucky enough to get DeRozan between 5 and 12 they should take him. If they can't get him then I would start looking at Tyreke Evans. Steph Curry to me is not worth a pick in the lottery...I just don't see him being anymore than a Daniel Gibson/Steve Kerr type role player.

I don't follow the bobcats that much but IMO Demar DeRozan looks like a player that the Bobcats foolishly passed on a few years back...Rudy Gay. I think Mullens is going to be a bust unless you just want a run of the mill big man in the NBA. So if the Bobcats are lucky enough to get DeRozan between 5 and 12 they should take him. If they can't get him then I would start looking at Tyreke Evans. Steph Curry to me is not worth a pick in the lottery...I just don't see him being anymore than a Daniel Gibson/Steve Kerr type role player.

i agree...especially about curry, im not sold on him yet as a lottery pick. also, ESPN's mock draft has either tyreke evans or demar rozan available when we pick, so hopefully one will be available.

i agree...especially about curry, im not sold on him yet as a lottery pick. also, ESPN's mock draft has either tyreke evans or demar rozan available when we pick, so hopefully one will be available.

This franchise has realllly lacked superstar appeal that other franchises have to sell tickets. They have always seemed like a lunch pail type of team (not a bad thing). DeRozan or Evans would bring instant appeal from the fans because they were both considered HS --> Pro prospects if the NBA hadn't had a rule in place. Elite athleticism in the neighborhood of a Dwayne Wade for DeRozan and elite scorer when you talk about Evans...Both would be a huge boost for the Bobcats. My personal preference is DeRozan b/c I feel like he has more upside with his athleticism but that is just me..

Archived