• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Blames JaMarcus Russell And Vince Young For The Disrespect He Gets

g5jamz

If you want to be blunt about it, sports writers were doubting his intelligence because he was black, and there were rumors he cheated on a test, and he didn't speak well in public.

It wasn't a test. It was something to do with term papers. Funny how the media accused Cam of doing it and all of a sudden such a thing being done in college is a SHOCKER..Shows how hyprocritical we are as a society because some folks, even CEOs brag about buying their term papers but I guess that's not cheating...

Anyway, No one found anything really wrong with the way he spoke. He had a southern drawl, made cute southern metaphors in the beginning and a slight studder when he became nervous. I don't see that as being stupid.

Cam was compared to Jamarcus as soon as he entered the draft. Then everyone set out to justify why they were comparing him to Jamarcus instead of admitting that he wasn't anything like him.

Cam will soon learn to take the Peyton/Brady approach. Play football, do a fun commerical or ad......and overall stay away from the national press. If people want to do big fancy articles on you.....just say no thanks. At the end of the day, they want to make you a story....and hope one leads to another.

yeah, Andy Dalton should not be discussed.

Gabbert? People blew Gabbert for no reason. He is like Clausen in many ways......people pretended there game would transistion well. Positive lies. If Clausen (a 2nd rouder like Dalton but projected to be a 1st) or Gabbert were black.....they would have never sniffed the 2nd round. Don't care if that is politically correct or not....Gabbert and Clausen both had weak college game and there skin color aided in people pimping this notion they had all this "inbetween the ears" game.

No one should be shocked Clausen and Gabbert suck. Both were easy to predict.

I did predict that Clausen and Gabbert would suck on this forum before they were drafted lol.

Vince had some good years.

Jeff Fisher is an ass, Vince should still be the QB in Tennessee.

Vince Young was an idiot. Nice W/L record....but Young was definately an idiot. Also wasn't a student of the game. Did what he raw talent allowed and not much more.

yeah, Andy Dalton should not be discussed.

Gabbert? People blew Gabbert for no reason. He is like Clausen in many ways......people pretended there game would transistion well. Positive lies. If Clausen (a 2nd rouder like Dalton but projected to be a 1st) or Gabbert were black.....they would have never sniffed the 2nd round. Don't care if that is politically correct or not....Gabbert and Clausen both had weak college game and there skin color aided in people pimping this notion they had all this "inbetween the ears" game.

No one should be shocked Clausen and Gabbert suck. Both were easy to predict.

I honestly felt that Dalton should have done in the first round. I felt the Jags should have picked him at 16 instead of wasting their 1st and 2nd round pick jumping up to get Blaine at 10 to save his image and is now making tons of excuses for him.

Vince Young was an idiot. Nice W/L record....but Young was definately an idiot. Also wasn't a student of the game. Did what he raw talent allowed and not much more.

This is why part of me was happy Cam did go through the media fire and got baptisted so to speak. A lot of these college QBs come out of college very pampered and spoiled. Some of them get away with it...Eli and it also seem like it's going to be with Luck...But there are those who are not allowed to get away with it...Sanchez, Tony Romo, and others.

I personally wish the media would treat every college QB like they did Cam. They are all asked to lead a team. If you can't step up and show what you're made of in the face of adversity then you don't need to lead a team.

I seriously doubt the Jags drafted Gabbert to "save his image." They might be talking him up now that they have him... but that's just silly.

Did you watch the draft??? The guy was falling like a rock. The Jags's GM claimed that had to have him that is why they reached up to get him...As the guys on NFLN kept talking about the pick, it was made clear that Blaine never even tried out for the team like the other QBs. The Jags supposedly choose him because he was so intelligent and blew them away with his Combine interview. Maybe they should have tried him out a bit.

Did you watch the draft??? The guy was falling like a rock. The Jags's GM claimed that had to have him that is why they reached up to get him...As the guys on NFLN kept talking about the pick, it was made clear that Blaine never even tried out for the team like the other QBs. The Jags supposedly choose him because he was so intelligent and blew them away with his Combine interview. Maybe they should have tried him out a bit.

You do agree that they drafted him because they needed a QB and they thought he was the best QB available? I think nc_biscuit is talking about your comment about the Jags drafting Gabbert to save his image. Of course they didn't draft him to save his image.

Ryan Mallett was constantly compares to Ryan leaf, and is why he fell out of the first round despite having the talent. IT HAPPENS, PLEASE LET THIS CRAP GO.

We got Cammy Cam and we support him 100% that's all that matters now :cam:

The difference is that white QBs have to actually do something to raise those doubts whereas many black QBs have certain doubts thrust upon them (lazy, not intelligent, etc.) with little or no proof and then have to prove those doubts wrong whether they are justified or not.

Archived