• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox & TEs

raleigh-panther

lol that's not true at all.

also the tight end position is evolving and defenses will need a few years of drafting to catch up to stopping the jimmy graham archetype that's taking over the league. and remember the pats have the best receiving tight ends in the league.

lol that's not true at all.

also the tight end position is evolving and defenses will need a few years of drafting to catch up to stopping the jimmy graham archetype that's taking over the league. and remember the pats have the best receiving tight ends in the league.

C'mon on man...don't use that excuse for Fox.

For 10 years as a season ticket holder I have personally watched every mediocre to great TE run through every defense Fox put on the field.

C'mon on man...don't use that excuse for Fox.

For 10 years as a season ticket holder I have personally watched every mediocre to great TE run through every defense Fox put on the field.

Cute anecdotal generalization but half the years fox was here we fielded a top fifteen defense. Once Meeks arrived and switched to a Tampa Two where tight ends could slip into holes in the zone we became much more prone to being beaten there. The last couple of years of Fox's tenure were the most frustrating as a whole, so perhaps those years stand out more in your mind.

The Panthers have been historically bad at covering TEs, not just the last two years. The last two years were the worst, but as long as I can remember under Foxball, the cats simply had no answers for TEs.

Historically we got a ton of quick pressure and had an elite secondary. Often offenses were forced into quick checkdowns to tight ends as wide receivers simply didn't have time to get open.

Archived