• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach of the Year?

X-Clown

NFL Coach of the Year  

37 members have voted

1. 1. NFL Coach of the Year

• Mike Smith
    • Tony Sparano
    • Tom Coughlin
    • Jeff Fisher
    • John Fox
    • Jim Harbaugh
    • Ken Whisenhunt
    • Bill Belichick
    • Mike Tomlin
    • Other

We were having this debate in Southern Comfort earlier this season before the hack job happened. At that time I argued that Jim Zorn could be coach of the year if the Redskins managed to win the NFC East. But obviously things have changed. My first thought was Mike Smith of Atlanta for the turnaround, but now I would switch my vote to Tony Sparano for helping the Dolphins turn a 1-15 team to a team tied for the division lead in the AFC East.

No way Wisenhunt should even be mentioned.....Cardinals are the receipient of the most God Awful division in football. Put them in most any other division and they are a 3rd place team.

While I agree with this, it was a ballsy decision to stick with Warner again this year even though they invested a 1st round pick on Leinart. And we'll never know how much say he has in the front office side of things, but refusing to deal Anquan Boldin despite his frustrations and insistence that he would not come back to Arizona next year ended up paying dividends too (and now Boldin is saying he wants to come back). Couple that with a huge win against the Cowboys at home (despite the refs trying to help America's team) and a blowout win against a pretty good Dolphins team, and nearly knocked the Panthers off...I think he's done a pretty good job. But he doesn't have a resume like the other guys, that's for sure.

I voted for Sparano for obvious reasons lol....

but really the guy is ridiculous, besides showing his junk (singletary) he is as fired up as they come.....we make an extra point and the guy dry humps our special teams coach

i love seeing this guy on our sidelines, and i hope hes there for years to come...he gets in guys faces but also high fives them when they do something good, i understand and respect the other options but for me it has to be sparano.....we get rid of jast taylor and zach thomas....we bring in a nose tackle (jason ferguson) who was considered washed up....and starting channing crowder and akin ayodele at inside linebacker (who?)

"noodle arm" pennington and hemp head ricky williams are our catalysts on offense, oh and greg camarillo........yes.....greg camarillo is our best reciever (was untill he got hurt)

and we are 1st place in the east at 8-5 after going 1-15.....i mean the dude deserves it...imo

I voted for Sparano for obvious reasons lol....

but really the guy is ridiculous, besides showing his junk (singletary) he is as fired up as they come.....we make an extra point and the guy dry humps our special teams coach

i love seeing this guy on our sidelines, and i hope hes there for years to come...he gets in guys faces but also high fives them when they do something good, i understand and respect the other options but for me it has to be sparano.....we get rid of jast taylor and zach thomas....we bring in a nose tackle (jason ferguson) who was considered washed up....and starting channing crowder and akin ayodele at inside linebacker (who?)

"noodle arm" pennington and hemp head ricky williams are our catalysts on offense, oh and greg camarillo........yes.....greg camarillo is our best reciever (was untill he got hurt)

and we are 1st place in the east at 8-5 after going 1-15.....i mean the dude deserves it...imo

The more I think about it, the more I think Sparano deserves it. Will the Dolphins have a single Pro Bowler on their roster?

Yeah for me, it's between Sparano and Smith as well. Sure Parcells is a big part of the whole thing in Mia, BUT...you can't penalize Sparano for that since he is the one who has to put the plan into effect. Do you really think that Parcells is the reason that a guy who has done basically nothing the whole time he has been a Dolphin (Joey Porter) is tearing it up this year? No, that's coaching...putting guys in the position to succeed. Also look at the Cowboys' OL without Sparano as thier coach vs the Fins OL with Sparano there. It's obvious he is a difference maker. Both HCs are in the playoff hunt in competitive divisions after their teams having horrible records under other coaches last year, but IMO the Fins have had a bigger turnaround by a SLIGHT margin. Couldn't get too het up if the vote went the other way though, they are both deserving.

Archived