• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ROUND 1 - New Jersey (3) vs. Carolina (6)

ProfessorPeppers

Cam only gave up 15 goals in 7 games that’s a 2.14 goals against average. I would say 7 of those goals were not his fault and where his teammates let him down or turned it over. Another 4 were off screens. I would say the only "cheap" goal he gave up was goal 3 of this game but his team did leave a guy all alone on that shot so... Overall I think that cam played well. I know what you are saying about the 4 goals 1 day and 0 the next but a lot of those are his teammates fault as much as they are his.

But who cares we won and are going to Boston!

Everything you said happened 3 years ago. This is 2009 now. He isn't what he used to be and is inconsistent. This whole team is inconsistent!

Brodeur is considered to be one of the best goalies of all time in the playoffs.

Cam Ward gave up 1 less goal than Brodeur.

DOODA MAF!!!!

wow, what a series for the canes. Cam played excellent the later part of the year and that carried over into the first series. He was absolutely amazing in this series. KK take a look at how many shots NJ took on him in the series. He had 242 TSA and made 227 saves in this series. Seriously he had an 2.14 Gaa against a good NJ team getting a ton of scoring Opportunities. I'd say he had an excellent series.

On to Boston, Canes win in 6. Staal continues the increase in productivity and lights up the scoreboard in the series with BOS.

Everything you said happened 3 years ago. This is 2009 now. He isn't what he used to be and is inconsistent. This whole team is inconsistent!

Isn't what he used to be? Seriously? He's three years into a career, he's not even CLOSE to what he will be and he already has a ring and a Conn Smythe.

Yeah, you never played hockey. You do realize that the puck has to get by 5 other guys before the goalie has a chance, right? You do understand that tips and screens are near impossible to stop, right?

Did you even watch Ward in this series? Or this season? Particularly after the All-star break?

You truly are a fuggin moron who has no earthly idea what he is talking about.

I'm sorry but you're fuging retarded and have no idea about anything going on in hockey. The only reason we won that game was because Cam Ward was amazing. He had no play on 2 out of 3 goals and even the third one he got hung out to dry by the defense.

Seriously, Cam is the reason we have made it this far, period.

I'm sorry but you're fuging retarded and have no idea about anything going on in hockey. The only reason we won that game was because Cam Ward was amazing. He had no play on 2 out of 3 goals and even the third one he got hung out to dry by the defense.

Seriously, Cam is the reason we have made it this far, period.

Exactly. Maybe if the moron ever paid attention to the sport or ponied up the nuts to play he would have a better understanding of how it works. Not every goal is the goalies fault.

Icing is an attempt to clear the puck out of zone. If the puck crosses the center and blue line and reaches the goal line unplayable it is icing. The offending team cant change players and the face off is back in the zone it came from. There are times icing can be waved off ...the only one i am sure is on the power play

As for the puck that is a refs discretion. They like to make sure both players are set and arent going to "jump" the drop. Any player got jumping the drop can be kicked out of the circle and another player has to take the faceoff

Thanks for the explanation. Rep?

You obviously haven't watched a lot of the Canes. Cam Ward of three years ago was insanely inconsistent. In fact, up until this season, he has been inconsistent to the point where I was hoping for a replacement for him. Cam Ward was fantastic for a large portion of this series, and without him, the Canes would have been out of the series long before game seven.

In fact, without Cam Ward, this team would have never made the playoffs in the first place. I can think of at least 7-8 wins over the last month of the season that was won almost exclusively by Cam Ward's performance.

Archived