• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oxycodone

Hawk

Nat Geo is doing their show on oxy right now.

have it set on DVR...

It's not like you can buy the stuff legally from a pharmacy without a prescription. It is relatively controlled.

maybe this answers your question...

DEA: "the death rate for prescription pills is higher than it is for alcohol or illicit drugs (illegal drugs)"

and yet marijuana is illegal.. :lol: this society is a joke.. prove me wrong.. you can't... vote to legalize... ;)

I took Darvocets a few years ago for a shoulder problem. Its easy to see how one could get addicted to them. It wasn't so much the high for me as it was feeling like I did when I was younger. Played basketball with my son without getting sore. Welll until the next day when the Darvocet wore off :). And Darvocets are one of the weaker opiates. Thats why I try to avoid opiates. I have occassional lower back pain, and physical therapy has worked well enough to avoid the need for opiates.

Darvocet and Darvon were actually taken off the market a year or so ago because they were shitty pain relievers and people just used them to get high.

Also, just so you guys know Oxycontin, Hydrocodone and Percocet are full opiod agonist which are metabolized into a morphine analog and activate the mu and kappa receptor. The mu receptor causes analgesia and euphoria (along with lots of side effects like respiratory depression and constipation). The kappa receptor causes analgesia, dysphoria and minor psycotropic effects. What effects are seen on what people are different.

And Gazi is right when it comes to liver damage. Most people destroy their liver because of the Tylenol that is given in combination with a lot of opiods.

when people buy this on the street...do they typically mix it with something else or what's the scoop there?

I was given some by my doctor to help me deal with the kidney stones and I really don't get much out of it. Can't see why they have such an incredible street value.

What am I missing?:D

Most people aren't 8'10" Hawk.

Oxycodone is the active ingredient in Percoset, Oxycontin and Roxicodone.

Percoset is 10mg of oxy, mixed with 500 mgs of tylenol.

Oxycontin and Roxicodone are a pure version of oxy, not mixed with any buffers.

Hawk has Percosets, which dont really give nearly as much of a 'high' felling as the other two, so it is really like comparing apples to oranges.

Oxycontin and Roxicodone will certainly give you a buzz, even if Percoset wont. So, it just depends on which version of the drug is being talked about.

Best advice I can give to anyone is not to mess with them at all, unless it is for the short-term relief of pain.

The reason they cost so much is because they are highly addictive, and addicts will pay a high price for them in order nbot to become sick. I almost broke my neck in a four-wheeler accident, and had to take Roxicodone for about 6 weeks. The doctor had to ween me off of them slowly because coming off of them makes you really sick from withdrawel. "Dope sick" is the term that addicts use. It makes you feel fiery pain in all of your joints, takes all of your energy away, and gives you diarreah and nausea. That is why they are so expensive on the streets, because people going through withdrawels will pay anything in order not to feel that way.

i got a couple roxi 30's over the weekend. f'in expensive as poo

yep...I am so against pills it's not even funny...in my opinion..you pop pills like oxycotin, you're the same as as smack head to me

Werd, me too. I even try to avoid taking advil.

Everything is ok in moderation. It's the people that mix xanax, OC's, and others that end up killing themselves.

oxycotin is so similar to heroin...and heroin isn't some recreational drug you can do a little bit here and there..unfortunately, I know a few people that have gotten caught up in that poo and lost almost everything...that's why I'm not a fan

this is interesting

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-69257.html

it is synthetic heroin, basically. I have known more people to have alcohol problems than anything else. If you have an addictive personality than you will have problems regardless. There needs to be better education on the dangers of mixing pills. Every OD I've heard of is some kind of pill/ecstacy/alcohol cocktail

Archived