• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched a documentary on Jesus, what a hero!

Brokenbad

No matter what you think of the man, he changed history forever.

The documentary was unbiased, but offered many different aspects of Jesus' life.

The documentary showed the traditional Bible Jesus was the literal "Son of God" and had supernatural powers.

The documentary also showed an average but very charismatic man who led a rebellion against the Jews and the Roman empire. In the documentary, his healings were not necessarily supernatural, but strongly based off of faith.

As we all know, ancient documentaries are not based on 100% fact. Ancient history is based off of what we know from archeological findings. However, Jesus is still a hero no matter what way you look at him.

You may consider Jesus the savior that died on the cross to save us from our sins. You may consider Jesus as a rebel who gave his life to prove a point.

Either ways, Jesus had a TON of guts, and was not afraid to tell the Roman empire that they were not divine. Once arrested for refusing to pay taxes to enter, he also told the head Jewish authority that he was the literal son of God, but was he saying that to prove that we are all God's children? Or was he making fun of the beliefs of the Jewish?

The documentary did not mention this as a possibility, but I think Jesus may have plotted with Judas to look like Judas had betrayed him. Judas (in my opinion) was not a very special prophet. I think Jesus picked him to work with because the other prophets, such as Peter or Paul, may have been appalled, outraged, and otherwise confused as to why Jesus would want them to appears as though the had betrayed him.It seems to me as though Jesus was expecting Judas to kiss him and give him over to the authorities.

No matter if you look at Jesus as a supernatural being or a charismatic rebel, you cannot deny the fact that he is the most heroic and famous person in modern history.

Who these days would give their life to change the policies of the world?

Archived