• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lent

XClown1986

Started yesterday. Anybody decide to give up anything?

I'm not Catholic, or really religious at all, but I think that it is a good personal growth exercise.

I'm giving up alcohol and all fried foods. I made Day 1 my bitch, but it will only get harder. St. Patty's is going to be tough.

I work with a guy that has given up sweets for lent. Cakes, cookies, desert type stuff basically. Instead of eating the pastry type deserts, now, he has switched to yogurt.

Here's where I started an argument... I think eating strawberry yogurt is no different than eating any other type of sweet desert. Just because it's supposedly good for you doesn't make it a "sweet". His "sacrifice" was to give up sweets, not unhealthy desserts.

Obviously he disagrees and thinks it's OK. What does The huddle think?

One other thing! I ask him what he drank with supper, he said tea (sweet). I started on him about that and he started getting pissed, so I left that one alone. What do y'all think?

I work with a guy that has given up sweets for lent. Cakes, cookies, desert type stuff basically. Instead of eating the pastry type deserts, now, he has switched to yogurt.

Here's where I started an argument... I think eating strawberry yogurt is no different than eating any other type of sweet desert. Just because it's supposedly good for you doesn't make it a "sweet". His "sacrifice" was to give up sweets, not unhealthy desserts.

Obviously he disagrees and thinks it's OK. What does The huddle think?

One other thing! I ask him what he drank with supper, he said tea (sweet). I started on him about that and he started getting pissed, so I left that one alone. What do y'all think?

Ehh, as long as he is eating healthier, I think that's his main cause. He just didn't vocalize his intentions very clearly. But he's making an effort to change his life for the better, at least for a short period of time so I wouldn't ride him too hard.

Archived