• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much is too much

DoWorkBson

When asking for a raise? I am taking on some additional responsiblity at work in the near future. I was asked and agreed with a few conditions of my own. One of which is a raise. I am sitting down with my boss and the company vp Monday. If the question of how much of a raise are you looking for comes up. What kind of % increase is appropriate without coming across as greedy?

When asking for a raise? I am taking on some additional responsiblity at work in the near future. I was asked and agreed with a few conditions of my own. One of which is a raise. I am sitting down with my boss and the company vp Monday. If the question of how much of a raise are you looking for comes up. What kind of % increase is appropriate without coming across as greedy?

Depends on how much you already make.

I wouldn't ask for more than 6% more. No real reason why; it just seems like a good number.

yeah, there doesn't seem to by a rhyme or reason and if you look at websites on the workplace and how to ask and such they give the impression that asking always works in your favor.

personally, i have not had much luck at outright asking for a raise. if i don't get one when my review comes up thats usually it.

i have gotten other perks instead of money, more time off, flex schedule, more freedom but never just more dinero.

make sure you have a great reason to state your case and facts and figures to back it up. also, don't say because such and such is making X. you agreed to the salary they are paying you.

good luck,

Basically someone is leaving our company and i was asked to fill in doing their job until we hire a replacement. Half of there job is doing menial tasks that you can pay someone minimum wage to do. They make about twice minimum wage. My thinking is and what my suggestion was is hire someone to do the dummy work and let me just do the other stuff. Give me more money and save the company money to. I was thinking 7-10% which seems in line with what you guys have been saying.

Archived