• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

University of Phoenix, waste of time? Advice please

Brokenbad

HotSauce's post reminded me of another fact I learned from the Frontline program. Most credits from For-profit schools do NOT transfer to non-profit schools. The program interviewed a GI who was told by the for-profit school his credits would transfer to non-profit schools. They flat out lied to him.

If this is your ultimate goal, check with the non-profit school you want to attend and ask them if they will accept their credits.

I went to Lenoir-Rhyne and then transfered to NCSU. State accepted some, but not all of my Lenoir-Rhyne credits, both non-profit schools. I knew I was going to transfer to NCSU and tried to take only classes I knew would transfer, but still missed on a couple.

Finally, from what I've seen, you truely get more education bang for your buck with non-profit schools. For-profit schools seem very expensive compared to what you get from non-profit schools.

If you were my son and it was my money, I'd send him to the community college before I'd put any of my money in a for-profit school. But that's just my opinion.

Transferring credits is a mess going anywhere really. You definitely won't be able to transfer any credits from a for-profit school to a non-profit school, but I had trouble transferring credits from UNC Chapel Hill to Appalachian.

I went to ECPI, it was pretty easy to pass, but if you applied yourself, you could learn some good things. I pretty much slacked in HS like everyone else. I had a gpa of about 3.5 but I didn't take SAT, ACT, or any extra stuff to help my chances. I went there, and pretty much already knew most of what was taught, but it got my foot in the door. Also, they hooked me up with a job straight out of there that I had for over 4 years, then got me hooked up with the current one I have.

Archived