• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Mock Draft You've All Been Waiting For.

Cat'sGrowl

Finally boys and girls, the combine has come to a close, and I can finally bestow upon you my second mock draft. (the first of which I did back in early November, which spawned the gazillion mocks that followed it, which I would have held off on if I knew it was going to do so, but I digress)

So let's get to it then. I added an additional 6th to our line-up as a "prediction" of what compensatory picks we will receive. That is NOT official, we will not be awarded any picks until the middle of next month, if last year is any indicator.

The first one is obvious.

m_brockers_120222_CP.jpg

Round One

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU.

Brockers did nothing to help or hurt his stock at the combine, yet remained the best DT on the board. Brockers stock has skyrocketed the past couple months, but that shouldn't be surprising. As a player who wasn't expected to come out after only his second year, Brockers was considered a Top 5 prospect for next year's draft. He oozes with potential, which has garnered the attention of teams, some of which have come forward to rave about it publicly. Brockers will come on to a Panthers DL and provide an instant boost. His vision and ability to get down the line to the ball carrier is remarkable for a player who hasn't had much time at his position-he's instinctual. He is developing his skills as a pass rusher, which are already adequate.The Panthers defense was the worst in Panthers history last year, and don't expect Rivera and his ego to let it stay that way. Some people have suggested Claiborne falling to us-this would be fine with me, but I don't personally envisioning it happening. The Panthers biggest concern with Brockers is that a defense needy team ssnatches him up before they get a chance to, but with Cox's continued rise, should this happen, at least they will have options. Poe seems better suited as a NT in a 3-4, but could also be an option in a trade down scenario.

Round 2

136047962_display_image.jpg?1329171079

Dwight Bentley, CB, ULL

I, and most everyone else, first took notice of Bentley during Senior Bowl week, and I've been looking for an excuse to throw his name out ever since. His combine performance gave me one. He was one of the better DB's during the course of Senior Bowl week. He shows great natural ability-he has quick hips to match the receiver in cuts, can shift direction with ease, and explode to the receiver with the ball in air. Fast. Very similar mold to Janoris Jenkins. Kind of small, but fast with good cover skills. He may very well be the 4th CB off the board. He has scheme versatility, and most importantly of all, I just kind of have that hunch about him. Hurney has an affinity for taking players from nowhere over taking players with more proven track records (which more often than not, is stupid, but I think it'd work here)

Round 4

resized_99265-5c-davis3colbw_19-15133_t598.jpg?b7052f07a6139e7088ebc43100469802b2560d37

DeMario Davis, LB, ASU

This here boys and girls is called a fantasy. There is almost no chance that Davis makes it past third, but I'll keep living in my fantasy all the same, thank you very much. A world without Davis in the 4th is a world I don't want to live in. Anyways, I first saw Davis when ASU came down for their bowl game, but I really took notice of him during Senior Bowl week. He has good size, good speed, all the measureables, but he's dedicated most importantly of all. During that week I couldn't help but notice how he would go out a half hour or earlier or so prior to practice with the kicker's and punter's to work with Singletary on exercises. In turn, Davis would earn Singletary's praise during practice while the other LB's incurred his wrath. He is a hard worker, constantly around the coaches, sucking in information. Oh yeah, by the way. He's talented. He's got the versatility to play all 3 LB positions, and would make Connor totally expendable. He's reliable. He's not going to miss tackles, he's not going to be out of position. He reads the pass well, and the run even better, he is complete. If he didn't play at ASU he'd be a first rounder. I could go on forever discussing his upside, he's a very nice prospect, and I hope his girlfriend breaks up with him prior to his interview with any other team so he goes in to it and has an emotional breakdown and turns that team off to him and we can draft him. Oh yeah, he also fills a position of need, though he's probably best suited as a Mike. Nigel Bradham would be nice here too.

Round 5

devier%2Bposey.jpg

DeVier Posey, WR, Ohio St.

Posey, from a tangibles standpoint, is a dream. He's big, at 6'2" 212, he's fast, and has spent time at PR and KR. What dampens his star is the fact that Posey missed most of 2011 after being suspended for being involved in the Ohio St scandal with Jim Tressel last offseason, other than that, his record seems to be clean. Taking a flier on him in round five would be a great selection, and add more talent to a position that is requiring more and more depth in an evolving NFL. Barring his one stupid mistake, he comes across as a good kid.I'd like him here.

Round 6

Ronnie+Hillman+Utah+v+San+Diego+State+dEvAVdfkCn6l.jpg

Ronnie Hillman, RB, SDSU

Just pay no mind to me. This is about a round too low for Hillman. Luckily, Rainey and the other RB's in this class rise during the Senior Bowl and combine gave this some feasibility. Hillman is a fast scat back who can catch the ball out of the backfield, line up on the line. Return punts, kicks, he's everything we're looking for, and would be a marvelous addition to the offense.

FB_110819_Oglesby_Josh.jpeg

Josh Oglesby, OT/G, Wisconsin

Oglesby is the lone returner from my early November mock draft when he was pegged right in this same spot I believe. The rise of other Wisconsin linemen since that time hasn't helped him, but it benefits the Panthers if they can get him. A mountain of a man at 6'7" and 338 lbs, Oglesby is certainly better suited for OG than the OT he played at at Wisconsin. He has slowe feet and can beat around the edge, but if you move him inside, he is free to use his size to push people around. They raise OLmen well in Wisconsin, so he's not a shabby pick here.

Round 7

Rich-402.jpg

Rich Eisen, Host, NFLN

Able to run the 40 in a suit and tie at a whopping 6.03 seconds, Eisen is a rising young star who is probably best known for having the remarkable ability of being a TV man/sports guy and actually being funny and not totally annoying. He should be brought in, and we should pay him all the dollars. His tape will absolutely blow you away, as he literally doesn't take his job seriously at all but still performs well.

The one thing this mock lacks is a FS, which could go in Eisen's place, but I wouldnt count on a 7th rounder providing us with the starting quality talent we need there. Laron Landry is still worth inquiring about, and before someone say something dumb-Landry has spent considerable time at FS for the Redskins. He's worth a look.

Guest Bwood15

Haha pay no attention this guy man, he's an internet bully. Ever since I joined this board the only posts I've seen him make are arguments or attempts to put other users down.

Your sig is living proof that you care way too much, and that you enjoy fighting and trying to look hard rather than talk football.

Haha pay no attention this guy man, he's an internet bully. Ever since I joined this board the only posts I've seen him make are arguments or attempts to put other users down.

Your sig is living proof that you care way too much, and that you enjoy fighting and trying to look hard rather than talk football.

353ao2.jpg

Nope, just mocking self-important jackasses who think they know something about football.

I just need to take a page out of the book of the rest of the board and simply laugh at you, but not allow you to troll me.

:lol::lol::lol:lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:

At what point in my thread did I even mention you George? Whose trolling again?

:lol:

Archived