• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want a DT in the draft,read this and then tell me why you do

panther4life

literally not a single person has said CB is not a concern.

you are arguing against points no one has made.

I never said we are set at DT, I said its a luxury than can't be afforded in the draft because of the more pressing needs at Corner and DE. Hes, upset that I dont share his opinion and tried to pretend I said something different. He made a sarcastic worthless post, I followed suit to prove it to him.

you honestly think drafting a DT is a luxury?

as in drafting one would be extravagant?

I think your main problem here is you don't know the definition of a lot of words you use.

dude if we draft a DT we're going to have to pay a luxury tax like in monopoly

Also just for funsies if you go to footballoutsiders, the website he posted in the op, and look up the lions-Panthers game, the game he talked about, Hardy and Johnson did fine while all the DTs graded out poorly.

Soft underbelly

The Panthers appear to be either stuck or sticking (depending on your perspective) with their trio of defensive tackles, a trio that has offered very little encouragement so far. Not for the first time this year all three members of the rotation, Sione Fua (-1.6), Terrell McClain (-3.1) and Andre Neblett (-2.3) graded negatively as none of them offered any real service in either the run defense or rushing the passer. Combined, they only registered two defensive stops and one pressure; even if all you’re looking for is space-eaters that isn’t enough. Whether in free agency or higher draft picks (or substantial improvement) the Panthers need to invest in the heart of their defense next season.

Threatening off the edge

While the interior of the defense continues to struggle, the Panthers are finding more and more players on the edge. We all know what Charles Johnson (+2.6) is capable of and now we’re seeing further reason to think Greg Hardy (+1.5) could breakout in similar fashion to Johnson as he builds on a solid rookie year. He wasn’t the only defensive end to shine with Thomas Keiser (+3.6), playing in only the second game of his rookie season, showing that they could have another talent at defensive end on their hands. The three did most of their strong work in run defense, defeating blocks and forcing runs back inside to try to offset the damage done by a poor performance from their interior. Keiser was the only one of the three to record a sack, recording two from opposite sides of the line, but the trio combined for seven defensive stops on the day. Something positive on defense at least for the Panthers to hang their hat on this season.

p4l you mention the patriots as having led the league in sacks. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can't name a single starter from their secondary for this year. maybe one. okay, you can probably name one. the patriots also had the worst defense in the league.

now, apply that to your gripping analysis of the 2011 Panthers and.....what do you get?

Archived