• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes @ Buffalo...

KillerKat

I know it was the second of a back-to-back, but the amount penalties by the Canes is really surprising... and of course, it was what lost them the game. I hate the fact that Buffalo fans are happy... it makes me want to punch a baby panda.

Thank god that is over. Horrible game and it was only made worse by the fact that I had to watch the Sabres broadcast...their play-by-play guy nearly orgasms everytime a Sabre comes near the puck.

Ugh, I know what you mean, he's got the most annoying voice, too. I watched that feed and listened to Chuck K, who I'm not crazy about (profession-wise). It was delayed too, but anything is better than listening to that old Buffalo fart.

I hate the Washington crew, too.

I read that the two power play squads met before practices even started for a while. Obviously, that worked as the power play is head and shoulders better than before Muller arrived. Now, they should keep that plan and do the same with the 4-on-4 squads.

Shootouts are kinda based on individual talents, I don't know if you can really practice that and have any improvement...

It's a creativity-meets-application thing for shooters... they either have it or they don't. Goalies just need to be able to read the shooter's body language and anticipate what they are doing. Veteran goalies have "seen it all" and can do that better than young ones... that's why Legacy was better in shootouts than Ward, but in pretty much any other situation, Wardo had him beat.

We have some creative forwards who should be good in that situation (Jokinen, Skinner, Ruutu) but they haven't been getting it done. Probably more psychological than anything else as they have been good in the past, especially Jokinen. Staal for some reason has never been very good at the shootout.

Archived