• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Leave The Hurneywagon If We Don't Make An Effort To Improve The Team This FA.

Cat'sGrowl

:lol: God you people are illiterate.

We are barely a few hours into free agency and you get pissy because we aren't signing big market players. Of course you say that's not what your asking for but then you site the Redskins RG III, Brandon Marshall, Mario Williams.

I'm sure the signing the all world Pierre Garcon is really going to make the Redskins a superbowl contender.

This team is in the best shape it has been in almost 10 years. Even with our questions marks. None of the players you mention progress our franchise or remotely set us up well in the future. This isn't a lock out off season for us, we are going to sign some people. There is no reason not to expect us to make moves.

We have quite a few more holes than a couple high priced free agent pickups will fill. I would love for us to make some movement and pick up some quality players, but I also expect us to wait until a lot of the craziness dies down, get a couple of quality veterans, and go in planning to build around the draft.

I realize many around here think that next year is our Superbowl year, but I think that this organization is still in "Build for the future" mode - it is not that it is *rebuilding* as much as that it is trying to set something up that will compete for the next decade. It is hard to do that in free agency, really.

We are barely a few hours into free agency and you get pissy because we aren't signing big market players. Of course you say that's not what your asking for but then you site the Redskins RG III, Brandon Marshall, Mario Williams.

I'm sure the signing the all world Pierre Garcon is really going to make the Redskins a superbowl contender.

This team is in the best shape it has been in almost 10 years. Even with our questions marks. None of the players you mention progress our franchise or remotely set us up well in the future. This isn't a lock out off season for us, we are going to sign some people. There is no reason not to expect us to make moves.

I didn't mention any players that I think we should sign. Zero. I gave an idea of the players I'm looking for, but you couldn't be bothered to read that (none within those tier of players btw)

You saw the thread and instantly put on your e-warrior guise said "ah another one of these I'll show him herp derp! We ain't signin' Mario Williams, brah! Ha! Take that!" and failed to read what the post was actually about. This thread was actually made prior to the start of Free Agency, which only demonstrates even further that you are struggling to understand what is being said.

This team isn't in the best shape it's been in ten years. That's a fallacy. We have a variety of needs and an inability to commit to filling them because we are stuck clinging to the idea that maybe low round draft picks are a great way to build a football team.

All you have done is illustrate that you have a literacy deficiency and were so eager to put down the first pimple faced teenager retort that came to your mind that it further muddied your ability to understand what was being said on your screen.

I'd appreciate if you wouldn't read my threads in the future if this is the kind of input I can expect from you, please.

ok, so OP, u are refuting that we should go after big name FAs (mario williams, vincent jackson, etc), so ur suggesting we get a few key FA's to shore up depth? we do that every year.

u cite that we are so close to making a "run". like a superbowl run? where in the hell are u getting that from? we were a 6-10 team last season. we werent like the 2010 eagles who were dominant in every facet of their team but didnt win it all.

do u expect us to be "set" at every single position? because that simply isn't the case for ANY NFL team. every team has weaknesses and areas that need improvement.

u claim if u aren't progressing u are regressing. well get this, last season we brought in a few key FA's to shore up depth (which we WILL do again this year), locked up our young core players and drafted well. the result: we turn a complete 180, transforming the worst offense seen in the modern era of football into a top 5 offense in the year where MULTIPLE passers broke the 5000 yard mark.

if we do the exact same thing we did last year, how are we not attempting to progress?

i understand u want the panthers to have a 90+ quality player in madden at every position next year, but that is just not a reasonable expectation. if you want to blame hurney for doing exactly what you think he should, then be my guest and flame away. we will be sitting from afar laughing at u while u whine like an idiot.

I didn't mention any players that I think we should sign. Zero. I gave an idea of the players I'm looking for, but you couldn't be bothered to read that.

You saw the thread and instantly put on your e-warrior guise said "ah another one of these I'll show him herp derp! We ain't signin' Mario Williams, brah! Ha! Take that!" and failed to read what the post was actually about. This thread was actually made prior to the start of Free Agency, which only demonstrates even further that you are struggling to understand what is being said.

This team isn't in the best shape it's been in ten years. That's a fallacy. We have a variety of needs and an inability to commit to filling them because we are stuck clinging to the idea that maybe low round draft picks are a great way to build a football team.

All you have done is illustrate that you have a literacy deficiency and were so eager to put down the first pimple faced teenager retort that came to your mind that it further muddied your ability to understand what was being said on your screen.

I'd appreciate if you wouldn't read my threads in the future if this is the kind of input I can expect from you, please.

No you spent the entire post trying to justify how your thread wasn't as pointless as everyone elses bitch fest, when in fact it was. You are no different. You should have just wrote "we should sign some good players" and ended it at that, it would have been just as interesting of a read.

No you spent the entire post trying to justify how your thread wasn't as pointless as everyone elses bitch fest, when in fact it was. You are no different. You should have just wrote "we should sign some good players" and ended it at that, it would have been just as interesting of a read.

Ah, and now you're backtracking. (and still demonstrating that you still can't grasp what the thread is about)

I'd say we're done here.

So if hurney doesn't get several big free agents, your done.

Well, be done then.

They said they weren't going to big players in free agency. They normally are not, as it is not part of the teams plan, from the owner on down.

Now i will say that this free agency is an excellent group to get several role players (ala 2002/2003 off season when the biggest fa signing be the panthers was davis (the rb).

I expect the panthers to get a lot of role players.

A big name free agent? Not unless it's someone rivera says he's got to have.

I don't know why long fans, expect drastic changes in how the team functions with free agency.

Ya just set yourself up for disappointment.

Ah, and now you're backtracking. (and still demonstrating that you still can't grasp what the thread is about)

I'd say we're done here.

You accused the team of "standing pat" after three damn hours. Don't act like you aren't one of the knee jerk posters on here who are pissed we aren't being mentioned with Vincent Jackson.

You accused the team of "standing pat" after three damn hours. Don't act like you aren't one of the knee jerk posters on here who are pissed we aren't being mentioned with Vincent Jackson.

No, I didn't. This thread is actually older than FA. As stated before, if you had read the post, you would've known this (which demonstrates that you too lack the ability to see past the panties crawling up your crack feeling and read what it's actually about) I don't know I some people just have attention deficit disorder, or what it is, but the sheer lack of the ability to merely pay attention on this forum is just absurd.

Archived