• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panther: Path To The Draft

Spaceballs83

Average DEs can generate a lot of pass rush if the DTs are worth a damn. The problem is, we don't have any DTs who demand a physical presence, which will free up guys like Greg Hardy to make decent plays inside of the pocket. I say we really need to get a DT, whether it's Poe, Cox, Worthy, or Brockers, I'm not sure.

I disagree, Hardy is liability in run defense he was definitely exposed last year. Elite pass rushers cannot only put pressure on the Qb, but get the sack as well. I'm not sure if Hardy is that guy. Johnson+Coples will provide a nasty tandem.

I honestly cannot see Rivera spending the 9th pick on Quentin Coples...or Fred Couples, ftm. Coples is way overrated and Couples has a weak swim move that's only good against tiny little white balls. And he's too old. And too small. And too slow. And spends way too much time playing golf.

We are kind of into uncharted waters with the Rivera regime's second draft. In the Hurney/Fox days we would draft players and give them years to produce and refuse to admit we wasted picks. Will we do the same with our two DTs from last season? Will we go into this year expecting them to have developed into true starters? At any rate I don't believe in Coples. Eventually he will burn you. Whether its year one or year 5 (following a huge contract). Eventually he will burn us.

I want Mo Claiborne but no one expects him to be available at 9. So I'm going with Dre Kirkpatrick. Sure he likes to get high. Sure he doesn't have elite speed. The reason I take him is simple: Captain Munnerlyn.

We are kind of into uncharted waters with the Rivera regime's second draft. In the Hurney/Fox days we would draft players and give them years to produce and refuse to admit we wasted picks. Will we do the same with our two DTs from last season? Will we go into this year expecting them to have developed into true starters? At any rate I don't believe in Coples. Eventually he will burn you. Whether its year one or year 5 (following a huge contract). Eventually he will burn us.

I want Mo Claiborne but no one expects him to be available at 9. So I'm going with Dre Kirkpatrick. Sure he likes to get high. Sure he doesn't have elite speed. The reason I take him is simple: Captain Munnerlyn.

And you're basing this off?????? If Coples was truly money hungry he would have came out last year.

Archived