• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Does Everyone Pretend Like A Panther Has Never Been On The Madden Cover?

The Saw

Yeah but the extra click for imagebam is gay, that and it randomly pops up a webcam sex chat popup for people who don't have that kind of poo blocked. Soooooo :P

I choose "family safe" for all my pics so sex talk doesn't come up....now Dominos pizza is another story...

40 - Safery Pat Terrell

Over nine seasons in the NFL he played in 139 games with 69 starts, he got one sack and eleven interceptions. Seems like a decent player. No change after being featured on the cover, had the same stats in 1995 and 1996.

50 - Linebacker Jamal Fountaine

In 3 seasons in the NFL he played in 10 games. He got one sack only. No change, was a scrub before and after being featured.

71 - Nose Tackle Greg Kragen

In 13 seasons he played in 200 games with 94 starts. He recorded 28.5 sacks and one interception. He actually had a better year after being featured in the cover photo. Good player.

Also, the Jaguars Player:

40 - Tight End Gordon Laro

Played in the 1995 season only. Played in two games, never started. One reception for six yards is all he ever got, that's the picture featured on the cover. Obviously had a bad year after being featured, he didn't play anymore.

Someone look up who the hell those players are so we can research their stats to determine if their careers were cursed from the cover. Or perhaps they were expansion team scrubs??

EDIT: Argus beat me to it.

Number 40 of the Panthers is safety Pat Terrell, who was never particularly good stats-wise, but did regress the next year (though tackle stats weren't available till 2001) and then went to the Packers for a year, and called it quits.

Number 40 of the Jags is Gordon Laro, who was an expansion scrub.

Archived