• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Think Barnidge Should Get A Chance...

Udogg

I think if Shockey is brought back that it would not be a fair chance so to speak. Shockey is a veteran, has name recognition and probably will make 3-5 times as much as Barnidge. I know coaches say best player on the field etc.etc but other factors have to be taken into consideration.

not to bust your chops or anything but.........what else do you consider?

Back in 2009 I remember watching Barnidge play. Man caught every single pass thrown at him and made 10 or more yards after each catch. He's hard to bring down and has great hands. He can catch the deep ball and he almost got a few touchdowns. He's not all that fast really, but he doesn't need to be the way he plays. He's a better talent than he is given credit for. I want Shockey back, but if he doesn't come back I believe Barnidge is more than ready to take on the challenge.

even if we bring back shockey he'll still get time in rotation. if he's got the skills to start he'll have ample opportunity to show it. this coming year will be his chance to show his stuff, and convince the coaching staff that he and olsen are the future of carolina's TE position once shockey is gone.

I assumed the reason Shockey wasnt coming bcak was because Barnidge is getting his shot... Most of us have been waiting for it. Injury, Fox, whatever the reason he hasnt played much yet is behind us, for now. Olsen & Barnidge, our 2 starting TEs, Im good with that... Is Brockel still under contract for rotation?

Lookin like teh Panthers will have a threat at almost every offensive position.. Not just a player but an offensive threat. Opposition will have to account for everybody, as it should be....

Hard to count his time during the Fox era against him, Fox didn't believe in developing young players. Adding this to the fact that he was hurt last year, I think we're finally going to get a chance to see what he can do this coming season if he can stay healthy. He made a play at Fan Fest last year that left my jaw hanging, caught a ball on the sideline and outran everyone on defense down the sideline for a 30-40 yard TD...

Archived