• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Does Gt Keep Getting These Good Recievers?

SteveSmithOwns

Seriously. First Calvin Johnson, then Demaryius Thomas and now Stephen Hill? They barely throw the ball.

How do they recruit them? "You have a ton of potential, and we would like to throw you the ball around 20 times a season, but don't worry, you can do great at your combine and be a first round pick."

Anybody?

Seriously. First Calvin Johnson, then Demaryius Thomas and now Stephen Hill? They barely throw the ball.

How do they recruit them? "You have a ton of potential, and we would like to throw you the ball around 20 times a season, but don't worry, you can do great at your combine and be a first round pick."

Anybody?

I take it you're not from the south, football loyalty is really big in Georgia. You are either a Georgia Tech fan or Georgia fan and once you get the chance to play at the school that you have wished to play for your entire life you're going to jump at the chance.

Calvin Johnson was at GT before they implemented the triple option. Demariyus Thomas played a season before they transitioned to the triple option.

I don't think we can say Stephen Hill is "good." I think it's fair to say defensive backs who faced GT were focused on the run and not the deep ball. Those few times they did pass, it was usually a go route which caught cornerbacks off guard resulting in inflated numbers.

Calvin Johnson was at GT before they implemented the triple option. Demariyus Thomas played a season before they transitioned to the triple option.

I don't think we can say Stephen Hill is "good." I think it's fair to say defensive backs who faced GT were focused on the run and not the deep ball. Those few times they did pass, it was usually a go route which caught cornerbacks off guard resulting in inflated numbers.

In a way, you are right, but the thing about Hill that I like is that he made the most of his opportunities. He has all the measurables and when given a chance he showed he was very capable. Really the offense that GT ran could be used to explain poor production - and it does explain why he didn't have typical elite numbers - but he made the most of what he got. His game is still developing but I like him quite a bit. After looking into him a bit more, I wish our defense wasn't in such terrible shape because I would love to have him (though not at #9 and I think he may be gone before we draft in the 2nd).

He reminds me of Mike Wallace, which I would like to have on our team. The statement could be true, about his low production, but we'll see in a few months. It'll be interesting to see who takes him. If I had to bet, I'd say Jags in the 2nd round.

Archived