• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network Draft grade & Delhomme

raleigh-panther

We wont take a QB next year either. We extended Jake Delhomme for a reason. The last thing the Panthers want is a "QB controversy". They will NOT bring anybody in here who is better or has more upside than Delhomme. You can take that to the bank. Jake is the "saviour" of Carolina, this team belongs to him and he will be here until he decides to retire.

LOL, sad but true... King, whats your opinion on Jake?

Certainly would have made Squirrel happy... :lol:

:DI understand why he loved Pat White while he was at WV, but to sport a Dolphins avatar because they drafted him? That's a little bit too much of a man crush, if you ask me.

And they gave me hell just for saying that Hilee Taylor would make the Panthers roster, which I was right about anyway.:(

:DI understand why he loved Pat White while he was at WV, but to sport a Dolphins avatar because they drafted him? That's a little bit too much of a man crush, if you ask me.

And they gave me hell just for saying that Hilee Taylor would make the Panthers roster, which I was right about anyway.:(

If I know Squirrel and I think I do, the avatar is more out of fun than anything else. He's not someone to take things too seriously and simply likes to stir the pot for the fun of it... :lol:

Sporting the Dolphins Avatar because the Panthers traded away next years pick and extend Jake to 5 years.

If I know Squirrel and I think I do, the avatar is more out of fun than anything else. He's not someone to take things too seriously and simply likes to stir the pot for the fun of it... :lol:

Sshh!!!!!! I got everybody thinking I am a crazed lunatic. :lol:

We wont take a QB next year either. We extended Jake Delhomme for a reason. The last thing the Panthers want is a "QB controversy". They will NOT bring anybody in here who is better or has more upside than Delhomme. You can take that to the bank. Jake is the "saviour" of Carolina, this team belongs to him and he will be here until he decides to retire.

does David Carr ring a bell? that being said as badly as that went, I can see why they are so comfy w/ Delhomme, and I am too.

For what its worth, Mike Lombardi, Terrell Davis

...stated the obvious, much hinges on how well E. Brown does.

Gave the Panthers a C+ for not addressing the QB 'issue' with Delhomme.

Said, team was fairly set except for QB.

Said team will not advance until that issue is addressed.

Said we were severely cap strapped...duh.

I quess star QBs grow on trees.

Oh well...just fodder for a slow day.

So I guess we've been docked on our draft grade every single year since 2003 for "not addressing the QB issue" :lol:

The Panthers did virtually nothing too positive compared to the rest of the division with the draft this year, they added the least amount of impactful guys from Mayock's standpoint. Only 10 teams had Brown as a 1st round pick of 32 teams... and the Panthers sacrificed a 1st round pick in a stronger draft, for a 2nd rounder in a weaker draft...

Basically, that move alone killed all crediability in their draft this year from an analyst's standpoint. Only time will tell though as analysts are wrong alot (except Mayock, might I add)

Archived