• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

I'm thinking Mance is dead on the show and that Sansa or someone in her party will be replacing Mance's Winterfell stuff.

One thing I was thinking about the other day, on a related note, after watching the first 4 episodes of the new show season...

Spoilering for non-leak-viewers:

Where the heck are Balon and Yara (Asha)?

Haven't seen the spoiler episodes yet, but I think they are going to have to seriously change the Jon Snow storyline from the books. When I read it, I just kept shaking my head that Martin had painted himself into a corner with that one.

I really think that will be one of the big fixes he hinted would come in the show rather than the books. 

And my bet is that Little Finger doesn't survive the season. Great character and remarkably well cast, but they've gone further in his story now than the books have, and that leaves me feeling that they are going to close down this branch of the tree.

Haven't seen the spoiler episodes yet, but I think they are going to have to seriously change the Jon Snow storyline from the books. When I read it, I just kept shaking my head that Martin had painted himself into a corner with that one.

I really think that will be one of the big fixes he hinted would come in the show rather than the books. 

And my bet is that Little Finger doesn't survive the season. Great character and remarkably well cast, but they've gone further in his story now than the books have, and that leaves me feeling that they are going to close down this branch of the tree.

My thoughts are that Jon will go to Hardhome with wildlings(Tormund included) and some of the Night's Watch to try to rally them to come to Stannis' aid for his northern aspirations (Winterfell primarily) and to actually help hold the wall... Rattleshirt will be in command there... The wildlings will try to take the aggressive route but Tormund will step in and side with Jon... They make it back to Castle Black days after Stannis has departed and left Davos and Mel behind...Jon gets the pink letter (or bastard letter) and decides that he will head south in hopes of taking Winterfell... He offers that the wildlings or any of the watch is free to join him and then we get the "For the watch" moment...

Not sure on the LF front... He is playing the hardest game of all... In fact, he could have sent the pink letter to Jon in order to get the NW, etc. to do his dirty work for him as far as cleaning out Winterfell...

Whose to say he won't become ghost and venture north to bran?

Just watched episode 4.

Looks bad for old Barristan, but I'm not believing he's dead until he's buried.  If he is it would make way for Jorah to be brought back into the fold though.  I liked Barristan but his character living or dying doesn't mean a whole lot.  The way some of you guys were hyping this, I thought it would be Tyrion or Jaime or someone like that.

No, it's because book readers have been going on and on since day one saying Selmy is the best swordsman in Westeros. They get so annoyed they never get to see him fight on the show. And the first time he does ... he gets stabbed through the chest lol.

well what did you expect, he's 100 years old, lol.

well if you really want to know what happens at the end of episode 4 then...

spoiler]Bran wakes up in his bed at Winterfell and we find out everything we have seen so far has been a coma dream and only like a month of time has passed

well if you really want to know what happens at the end of episode 4 then...

spoiler]Bran wakes up in his bed at Winterfell and we find out everything we have seen so far has been a coma dream and only like a month of time has passed

those damn snowglobe dreams. Winter is coming....pbbbtttttt.

DSCN22481.JPG

You're already going to see a lot of post-ADWD/AFFC stuff this season...

The only real thing bugging me about this season is that they have pretty much abandoned anything and everything Greyjoy...

Yara appears to make three episodes later in the season, but I don't see Balon as listed at all... I was a little bored with the Iron Islands stuff in the books at one point in AFFC, but they picked up nicely... We've only had a mention, IIRC, of the "Greyjoy uncles" and all signs so far seem to indicate they don't even plan on casting them anytime soon.

I liked the Jon Snow/Janos Slynt execution scene...

I'm pretty sure we'll see the Stone Men soon... I also think we get to see more of the Night's King (official/unofficial name for the White Walker we saw touch the baby back in S2 or S3 (I can't recall when it was) later on this season... So we will definitely be going into Winds of Winter territory (or further) with that...

I still like the show, but they are definately diverging from the books everywhere...

They muffed John Snows execution of Slynt badly. 

In the books it is an emotional moment that shows John 'putting the boy behind him and becoming the man'.

In the books he wants to hang Slynt, but then remembers his father telling him that the lord should swing the sword... and 'Edd, fetch me a block" was born...

But the tv show completely muffed it and made jon look like some kind of tyrant.

That's the kind of thing that bothers me the most.  I think it's fine to ADD to the story...but don't change it.  I hate having two different versions of the same event in one intellectual property.  Continuity should count for something.

Archived