• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

He said it in the books too IIRC... I took it to mean that the many faced god works alongside R'hllor and is only concerned about the death aspect of R'hllor's power. Likewise, it would be safe to assume the MFG would work alongside all gods, being responsible for the deaths owed to each.

Basically, I see the MFG as the grim reaper... as depicted in pop culture... IE. by allowing someone to live, he is owed a death...  Arya saved the 3 prisoners from death by fire (when the campsite was set ablaze by Lannister men), therefore taking 3 deaths from the R'hllor. As is his duty as a servant of the god of death, Jaqen owed a debt to R'hllor of 3 deaths.

This could be seen as a weakness of R'hllor if you wanted to get all theoretical... The fire didn't kill the prisoners... But, at the same time, the MFG owed R'hllor apparently.

Still doesnt clear up why no one knew who jaqen. Was when arya asked

was jaqen even his real name?

maybe his real name was syrio.  or patches.  or euron crows eye.  or jeyne poole.  or randyl tarly.

Yup, like PSC says.

Jaqen was a name, that cat was a "graduated" full blown "murder you with a pebble" assassin trained and sent off to do his thing for the Temple.

*sigh* How I wish he turned out to actually be Syrio...

FWIW, I think we are going to see some "power" jumps in the next book. 

Will Arya become Faceless?

Jon Snow -> Azior Aazaahhaiazaa

Sansa takes over the Vale ?

Danny -> Units a host of horselords with her Unsullied and Slave Armies + 3 Dragons + IronBorn?

Jamie Laniser --?????????

Tyrion?????

i don't think arya ever becomes faceless.   i think she goes rogue.

i hope jon snow is really dead.   never coming back.  i'm already weary of his speculations and most people haven't gotten through the 4th book yet.

sansa...nooooooo don't let littlefinger die plz.... :( :( :(

i hope dany dies too.  jaime is probably a dead man walking...unles he's azor azhai

tyrion...no telling...

I don't Arya becomes full fledge faceless, but I DO think she learns enough to become very, very dangerous between those skills and being a warg.  I just don't think she'll let go all those who harmed her family.    We'll see though.  I love her storyline though.

I don't think Jon is dead, I agree, he'll be one of the more important characters I believe.  Possibly flying a dragon maybe.... who knows.  

Archived